The US-600 from Tascam is a 6-input/4-output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface housed in a lightweight, portable chassis. The interface is the perfect choice for portable recording of multiple sources from a laptop computer and functions under both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems. The unit is powered via an external adapter.
Four high-quality microphone preamps with TRS/XLR Combi connectors can supply phantom power for use with condenser microphones. Two rear panel, unbalanced RCA outputs are provided, as well as a MIDI input and output for controlling synthesizers and drum machines. Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out is available on the rear panel.
Input 1 will also accept an instrument input for plugging in an electric guitar or bass. Individual gain controls are available for all analog inputs. A direct monitoring path avoids the inherent delay that is otherwise caused when monitoring through computer software. The interface records audio with up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. All channels can be passed to the computer with full resolution.
Cubase LE 5 software is included allowing for immediate recording to take place. This version of Steinberg's workstation software features 48-track and VST plug-in support, automated mixing and MIDI tracks allow you to craft large productions without adding any other software. The US-600 supports most other software for Mac and Windows, including Logic Pro, Live, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, and Pro Tools 9.
- Six input/four output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface
- 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution
- Four microphone preamps with phantom power, XLR/TRS combo jacks
- Two unbalanced RCA outputs
- S/PDIF stereo digital input and output
- MIDI input and output
- Direct Monitor function allows zero-latency monitoring of the input
- Signal Present and Overload LED meters on each input
- Line Out/Phones level control
- Monitor mix level control and mono/stereo switch for direct input monitoring
- Mono/stereo monitoring switch for input 1/2 and 3/4
- Instrument (high impedance) switch for input 1 with indicator LED
- Includes Cubase LE 48-track workstation recording software