Stay organized and entertained with the Sony ICD-SX712D Digital Recorder + Voice-to-Print Software. It has a built-in 2GB memory with an SD card slot, which affords an additional 16GB of storage capacity for lectures, notes, music, meetings or any other audio you may want to record. The maximum recording time afforded by the internal memory is 500+ hrs, but a 16GB microSD card can expand the ICD-SX712D's maximum recording time upwards of 4000+ hrs.
The ICD-SX712D features both Linear PCM and MP3 recording formats. You can choose from several different MP3 recording rates, depending on the quality you desire for each particular recording session. The built-in stereo microphone is omni-directional and features the S-Microphone System, which allows for increased sensitivity when needed and more natural stereo audio reproduction. The microphone also features Hi/Med/Lo gain settings, as well as Voice Operated Recording (VOR).
Making recording and playback more convenient, the ICD-SX712D is equipped with an LCD-backlit display, multiple language displays and record date, time and elapsed time displays as well. It has an LED operational indicator and can be set in various modes such as Continuous Play, Easy Search and Noise-Cut during record and playback. It also features Direct Record to Play, Erase, Move File, Protect, Play/Stop, Record/Pause Scene Select, Low-Cut and Track Mark functions as well.
One of the ICD-SX712D's highlights is the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software. This brilliant program will save you plenty of time and help you escape the aggravation of typing and transcribing notes, letters, lectures, conference calls and meetings that you've recorded with your ICD-SX712D Digital Recorder. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking Voice-to-Print software was designed to take your high-quality, audible recordings and transform the spoken words into print. Once the software does its job, you are left with a transcribed and printed version of all your voice recordings. This is ideal for students recording lectures and any professionals in need of archiving daily voice recordings to print.
As an added luxury, the ICD-SX712D boasts the Sound Organizer PC software as well. The recorder also features a USB port, 3.5mm stereo mic input and 3.5mm stereo headphone output. The ICD-SX712D has an integrated speaker for listening back to recordings out loud when privacy is not a concern. It comes with two AAA batteries that can last up to 25 hrs. The device is USB charge capable and the recorder can fit easily in your pocket or purse and is barely noticeable in your hand, weighing a scant 2.4 oz.
- High-Quality Recording
- For enhanced recording quality, the ICD-SX712D features an uncompressed Linear PCM recording format, Low Cut & Noise Cut features to cut out distracting background noise during recordings and the S-Microphone Recording System. The S-Mic function is highly sensitive in quieter settings or when recording from a distance. It also uses omni-directional microphones for more natural stereo audio reproduction
- LCD Display & Ease of Use
- Greatly easing the recording process is the VOR feature, which facilitates voice operated recording. The ICD-SX712D is also equipped with a large LCD viewing screen that displays six lines of data for quickly identifying files, folders and functional settings. There is a set of intuitive Cross Keys as well (similar to a mobile phone interface), which allows you to adjust several functions and quickly navigate the LCD menu displays
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Voice-to-Print Software
- This brilliant software will save you plenty of time and help you escape the aggravation of typing and transcribing notes, letters, lectures, conference calls and meetings that you've recorded with your ICD-SX712D Digital Recorder. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking Voice-to-Print software was designed to take your high-quality, audible recordings and transform the spoken words into print. Once the software does its job, you are left with a transcribed and printed version of all your voice recordings. This is ideal for students and any professionals in need of archiving daily voice recordings to print
- Focused Recording & Playback Features
- The ICD-SX712D allows users to set optimum recording conditions with features like Scene Select and place track marks (like bookmarks) on recordings during a session or during playback. Users can control playback speed up to 2x faster, while keeping the pitch the same with a variable playback speed feature. Plus A to B locations can be set for quick fast-forward, rewind and repeat between the set points on a recording
- Enhanced Performance
- The ICD-SX712D offers 500+ hrs of maximum recording time, which can be enhanced to 4000+ hrs through the use of a 16GB microSD card. When recording for lengthy periods of time, the dual AAA batteries are designed to last an impressive 25 hrs
- Two-Position Microphone
- The 2-position microphone on the SX712D offers very powerful recording capability and the dual microphone array can be set in two positions: Dictation / Meetings & Conferences
- Manual / Automatic Record Level
- This feature enables the recorder to automatically adjust the recording level or manually adjust it. The manual setting is especially useful for musicians
- Cross Memory Recording
- This enables the recorder to automatically extend the recording from the built-in flash memory to an optional microSD card without interruption
- Calendar View
- Calendar View displays a calendar that indicates the dates when recordings were made and enables searching of a specific date
- Digital Pitch Control (DPC)
- Digital Pitch Control enables the recording to be played at a faster or slower rate without changing the pitch
- DPC Key Control
- This is a visual feature on the LCD display, which allows the user to adjust the playback speed for music or voice recording playback
- Music Folder & Podcast Folder
- This feature creates a Music and Podcast Tab after "Ripping" a CD and downloading to the unit. Each CD downloaded to the unit gets its own folder
- Pre-Record Function
- A feature desirable for individuals who record interviews such as press people. Pre-Record buffers the recording to make sure the initial words spoken by the subject are not missed