The iO4 from Alesis is a USB digital audio interface that features 4 microphone inputs with phantom power, 4 line/instrument inputs, and inserts on all channels. High quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters ensure that every detail of a recording gets captured and played back faithfully. The interface functions with most digital audio software and comes packaged with a copy of Cubase LT from Steinberg.
The unit is extremely compact and perfect for home, project and portable studio recording setups. Users are able to record and monitor up to eight channels of audio (four in and four out) in 16-bit mode or four channels (two in, two out) in 24-bit mode. MIDI in and out jacks allow for playing and controlling software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments.
The four input channels each feature an XLR microphone input, a 1/4" TS jack that works with line-level sources or accommodates direct connection of guitars, and a 1/4" TRS insert for external effects units. 48-volt phantom power is available on each of the four input channels, switchable in pairs.
Producers and musicians will appreciate the ability to connect a second pair of reference monitors or route audio to external effects processors using the four available output channels. For remote tracking and alternative playback, the iO4 has a 1/4-inch TRS headphone output. The USB interface is class compliant for plug-and-play operation with Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- Four-channel computer audio-recording interface
- High-quality A/D and D/A converters
- Record up to 24-bit, 48kHz audio into virtually any software
- Discrete-design preamps
- Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs
- 48V phantom power switchable in channel pairs
- Inputs for microphones, line-level sources and instruments, including guitars
- Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring
- MIDI input and output jacks for playing and controlling software with instruments
- Includes Steinberg's Cubase LE Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software