The EIE I/O from Akai Professional is a tabletop USB audio interface, suitable for the project or portable studio setup. It features four microphone preamps with switchable phantom power (in pairs), and each input can also be set to accept a line input or an instrument input, such as a guitar or bass, or a synthesizer.
Each channel has a dedicated gain knob and a rear panel insert jack for external processing. The four balanced, rear panel output jacks can be used to monitor sessions on multiple sets of studio monitors. Both pairs of outputs can be monitored visually with the high-quality, analog VU meters providing classic features with modern style.
In addition to the high quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, MIDI input and output (16 channels) allows for bridging other MIDI controllers. For those situations where more USB ports are required, the unit can function as a hub with the three additional USB connectors available from the rear panel.
The EIE I/O sends and receives four audio channels on a single USB cable for simple interfacing with a computer. The bus-powered interface is class compliant for plug-and-play operation with Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- USB audio interface with 16-bit recording resolution
- Four XLR/TS combo jacks with phantom power and gain control
- Four nickel-plated 1/4" TRS outputs for two separate monitoring systems
- Four nickel-plated 1/4" TRS inserts for external processing
- Two classic, high-quality VU level meters with switchable sources
- Functions as a USB hub with 3 additional USB ports for connecting other devices through to a computer
- MIDI Interface
- Headphone output with switchable source and direct monitoring dial
- USB bus powered
- Table-top, solid construction with a great-looking, classic design