The B+W 58mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter is a simple, clear filter designed for general protection for your lens. This optically clear filter does not affect the overall image quality while helping reduce dust, scratches, moisture, and other elements from damaging your lens.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters incorporates an additional 8th layer over the regular MRC and results in a better beading effect with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features the XS-Pro Digital mount which is specifically designed for DSLR use with wide angle and zoom lenses. The filter ring is made from brass for durability as well as jamming prevention.
Note: This filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size, and because of this you may be unable to attach the lens manufacturer's bayonet-mounted lens hood to the lens while using this filter. This is dependent on your specific lens and how thick the front rim of the lens is; with thinner, low-profile lenses usually being affected more.
- Clear filter offers general protection for your lens against the elements.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Nano coating promotes a better beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.