Building upon their excellence in the realm of high fidelity home audio components, Onkyo presents the C-7070 Compact Disc Player. This is for those who desire a little more than a standard CD player -- it boasts dual high-quality Wolfson 192kHz/24-bit DACs, precision engineering to reduce vibrations, a precision clock for optimal timing of digital signals, and a silent disc mechanism with solid die-cast aluminum tray. Onkyo's attention to detail can be found in every aspect of this audiophile-grade CD player, starting from the ground up.
The C-7070 features two digital audio outputs, analog audio outputs, a headphone jack and USB port on the front panel which allows you to connect your iPod or iPhone, or a USB mass storage device. Clearly, the C-7070 is designed for the true music lover looking for ultimate fidelity in audio reproduction.
- DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry)
- Borrowed from Onkyo's hi-fi components, DIDRC technology reduces dynamic noise. Despite being beyond the normal range of human hearing, frequencies above 100 kHz are susceptible to clock pulse and other forms of distortion from digital devices. Such distortion in the super-high frequency range can produce "beat interference" which in turn affects the character or atmosphere of the original sound. By improving linearity and reducing distortion in the super-high frequency range, DIDRC effectively reduces perceptible noises and delivers clear, faithful audio.
- Precision Clock
- The C-7070 features a precise clocking mechanism that controls and coordinates the timing of all digital signal processes. This CD player uses a state-of-the-art crystal oscillator that achieves a frequency deviation of +/-10 ppm -- much lower than with a conventional oscillator.
- Wolfson 192 kHz / 24-bit DACs
- High-quality Wolfson digital-to-analog converters work to optimize analog audio performance -- the player incorporates a separate 24-bit WM8742 DAC for the left and right channel. Although these DACs can process 2-channel audio on a single chip, Onkyo employs separate chips for each stereo channel to ensure the most accurate digital-to-analog conversion.
- Silent Disc Mechanism With Die-Case Tray
- The CD drive is affixed to four supports made of rigid, machined brass and provides exceptional resistance to internal vibrations. The disc tray is precision engineered from high rigidity, die-cast aluminum. The design and materials combine to offer smooth, silent operation.
- Fully Flat Anti-Vibration Chassis
- Build quality starts from the ground up with a highly rigid, 1.6mm thick, fully flat chassis that provides excellent protection against vibrations.
- Floating Circuit Board Construction
- The main circuit board inside the CD-7070 is not directly connected to the chassis -- it is "floating" for added protection against vibrations from the chassis and CD drive mechanism. This allows for longer life and cleaner audio.
- Direct digital connection of iPod/iPhone via front-panel USB port
- Independent headphone amplifier
- 25-track memory playback
- Random and repeat playback function
- Two digital outputs (optical and coaxial)
- Handles playback of Mass Storage Class USB memory
- Machined, gold-plated audio terminals
- Three-mode display dimmer (normal / dim / dimmer)
- Auto standby function
- RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control