The iPad Dock for the iPad 2nd & 3rd Generation from Apple is a desktop dock, compatible with the 2nd and 3rd Generation iPad. The dock makes it easy to sync and charge your iPad. It connects to a computer using the USB dock cable that is included with the iPad, or to a wall outlet via the AC adapter that ships with the iPad.
Any adapters or cables that can be used directly with the 2nd and 3rd Generation iPad via its dock connector can also be used via the dock. If you use the Digital AV Adapter, VGA Adapter, or the Component/Composite AV Cable to connect the iPad to your TV, you can connect that cable to the dock and the iPad's video output signal will pass through to your TV.
- Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your 2nd and 3rd Generation iPad to sync and charge its battery
- Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter (included with your iPad) to charge the iPad battery
- Use the dock to hold your iPad at the perfect angle to compose email and notes using a Bluetooth keyboard or to watch your favorite videos or photo slideshows
- Connect the dock to a TV or video projector using a compatible accessory such as the Apple Digital AV Adapter, the Apple VGA Adapter, or the Apple Component or Composite AV Cable.
- Connect the dock to a stereo or speakers using an AV cable or a stereo audio cable to play music from your iPad (cables sold separately)