The T. Flight HOTAS X from Thrustmaster is a programmable joystick and throttle that is compatible with PCs and PS3 systems for realistic flight simulation. It conveniently plugs directly into the USB port on your system for instant takeoff. The HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) joystick features a large throttle that you can use to control the acceleration of your aircraft. The throttle is detachable, so you can detach it to re-create authentic piloting conditions.
Depending on your style of gaming, you might like an ultra-sensitive joystick that responds to slight touches. With a firmer joystick, it offers more resistance when you move it. The resistance of the T. Flight HOTAS X is adjustable in order to adapt to your personal preferences.
With the rudder function, a plane corresponds to the pedals used by the pilot to turn the steering, allowing the plane to pivot around its vertical axis to run the plane left or right. The rudder function is accessible on the joystick or via the rocking button on the throttle. On Playstation 3 and PC in "4 axes" mode, the rocking button is combined with the handle's rotation. On a PC in "5 axes" mode, the rocking button is independent of the handle's rotation and therefore provides an additional progressive axis.
When you're in the middle of a crucial operation, seeing your placement is important. The joystick features a POV hat switch to let you instantly view everything that's going on around your plane, in games that support this function. Different views are programmable like rear, left, right and external views.
Inside the joystick, an internal chip saves all of your "MANUAL PRESET" programming even when the joystick is switched off or disconnected. You can save a different manual preset for each platform used. With the "MAPPING" button, you perform programming like switching the position of buttons, switching axes between themselves or switching the two directions of the same axis.
- Throttle control is realistically sized, detachable and ergonomically designed
- Plug-and-Play connection makes it easy to install with all functions pre-configured for immediate take-off
- Trigger for brakes (civil flight) for rapid fire (military flight) and multi-directional hat (panoramic view)
- MAPPING button allows for all functions to be switched around between each other
- PRESET button lets you switch from one program to another while playing
- Dual system aerodynamic control by rotating the handle (with integrated blocking system) or by progressive tilting lever
- High precision joystick features adjustable resistance
- Internal memory allows you to save your programming even when the joystick is disconnected
- 12 buttons are programmable and 5 axles are entirely programmable
- Wide hand rest offers optimal comfort while you're in flight
Configurations by default:
PS3: Afterburner Climax by Sega
PS3: Blazing Angels 2 by Ubisoft
PS3: IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey by 505 Games
PS3 and PC: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X by Ubisoft
PS3 and PC: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2 by Ubisoft
PC: Flight Simulator X Microsoft