This Metz mecablitz 44 AF-1 digital Flash features i-TTL compatibility for Nikon cameras. This flash offers straightforward performance with all controls intuitively arranged on the back panel. With a maximum guide number of 144' for ISO 100 and 105mm, this flash delivers the power needed in various lighting conditions in TTL mode. It is also quite versatile with a modeling light for checking shadows as well as tilting up to 90° and 300° of rotation.
Among its controls is the ability to set 4 light levels in manual mode from 1/1 to 1/64 according to a particular lighting scenario. The photographer also has the ability, depending on the camera, to synchronize to the first or second shutter curtain for greater flexibility in the lighting process.
This flash also offers a slave mode which, depending on the camera, makes it possible to perform wireless TTL flash operation. Other flash enhancing controls include a motor zoom function (24-105mm), a fully swiveling reflector with flip-out reflector card, and an integrated wide-angle diffuser (12mm). A USB port enables firmware updates for future compatibility.
- Max. guide number 144' for ISO 100 and 105 mm
- Vertical +90° and horizontal 300° swivel reflector
- Motor zoom for 24 - 105 mm illumination
- Integrated wide-angle diffuser for 12mm illumination
- Flip-out reflector card
- Modeling light for checking the image
- Integrated auto focus flash metering
- Flash readiness indicator and correct exposure display on the unit
- Automatic unit shut-off
- i-TTL / i-TTL BL
- Manual flash mode from 1/1 to 1/64 with 4 different output settings
- Wireless slave mode exposure via built-in mastering camera flash or an additional external flash unit
- First and second shutter curtain synchronization
- Manual flash exposure correction for TTL flash mode
- Automatic fill-in flash
- Firmware updates are possible via the integrated USB socket