The Toughbook F9 14.1" Notebook Computer from Panasonic is a lightweight yet durable notebook computer designed for rugged mobility. This Panasonic notebook has a strong magnesium alloy case, a shock-mounted hard drive and a spill-resistant design to ensure all your important documents, files and data are safe and secure.
This Panasonic notebook has a 14.1" widescreen display that is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:10 aspect ratio and the Panasonic notebook's integrated Intel HD graphics provide a 1440 x 900 native resolution.
The system is powered by a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-520M vPro processor. It also has 2GB of DDR3 RAM, a 320GB hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and integrated stereo speakers. Windows 7 Professional is the installed operating system.
- Lightweight & Durable
- This Panasonic notebook is engineered for mobility and durability. Its magnesium alloy casing is lightweight yet rugged that protects against electromagnetic waves and dissipates heat efficiently. The contoured lid provides a stronger build than a flat lid design. In addition, an annular pipe around the outer edges of the contoured lid braces protects the 14.1" display from outside pressure. The screen is also supported by a floating design in order to prevent it from breaking even if the lid is twisted. The keyboard on this Panasonic notebook is spill-resistant to prevent accidental liquid damage. A unique drain-through design allows the liquids to pass through keyboard and exit out the bottom of the notebook. Also, a drain-away design is built into the optical drive enclosure to further protect it from liquid damage. This Panasonic notebook can survive a fall from up to 30 inches and has a built-in handle for added portability
- Compact Shell Optical Drive
- The most common type of optical drive in notebook computers is a tray-loading optical drive. However, this Panasonic notebook has a unique compact shell optical drive. Giving homage to portable CD players, this Panasonic notebook gets rid of the tray, screws and other parts used in traditional tray-loading optical drives to save weight and add durability. The compact shell optical drive on this Panasonic notebook weighs 4 times less and is up to 7 times stronger than a traditional tray-loading optical drive
- Circular Scrolling Touchpad
- In a mobile environment, it is difficult to use an external mouse. While most notebook computers have a traditional square touchpad, the circular touchpad on this Panasonic notebook is much more efficient and ergonomic. Taking up only as much space as your fingers require, this Panasonic notebook features easy-to-use vertical scrolling in which you move your finger on the edge of the touchpad in a clockwise or counterclockwise circle. It can also be customized to suit individual preferences
- Powerful Intel Performance
- This Panasonic notebook houses a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-520M vPro processor. It can also be overclocked up to 2.93GHz with Intel Turbo Boost technology. The 2GB of DDR3 RAM help speed things along so you can multitask seamlessly
- Shock-Mounted, Flex-Connect Hard Drive
- This business-rugged Panasonic notebook has a shock-mounted, flex-connect 320GB hard drive. This hard drive protects your important documents, files and data from fall damage. It is also removable if you need to access the hard drive directly
- Business Mobility
- Staying connected to the Internet is a necessity when it comes to business notebooks. That's why this Panasonic notebook supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks and even has a 56k modem. It also supports optional 3G mobile broadband for business users who are constantly traveling and have no access to Wi-Fi. This Panasonic notebook also has Bluetooth 2.1+EDR so you can connect all your favorite peripherals for added comfort and convenience