The AstroMaster Accessory Kit from Celestron enhances the functionality of a Celestron telescope. This kit may be used with any telescope that accepts 1.25" eyepieces and filters. It features two fully coated eyepieces; a 15mm Kellner and a 6mm Plossl. The 15 mm eyepiece will give a medium power but a wider field of view, while the 6 mm is higher power but gives a narrower field of view. There is a 2x doubling lens that will double the magnification of any eyepiece. The doubling lens has a built-on T-thread allowing a camera to be attached (t-ring required).
Filters are a great enhancement for lunar and planet viewing. They reduce glare and increase contrast, definition and resolution. The colored filters are anti-reflection coated. The Blue Planetary Filter (#80A Light Blue 30% T) will improve the seeing of Jupiter's Great Red Spot, give the polar ice caps of Mars more clarity and enhance the contrast between the belts and zones of Saturn. The Red Planetary Filter (#25 14% T) will bring out the beauty of Venus during daylight and Mercury at twilight by minimizing the brightness of the blue sky. The Moon Filter reduces the brightness of the moon and improves contrast allowing greater detail to be observed. The clear aperture of the Moon Filter is 21 mm and the transmission is about 18%.
- 15mm Kellner eyepiece for a wider field of view
- 6mm Plossl eyepiece for higher power
- 2x Power Lens doubles the magnification of the attached eyepiece
- #80A Blue Planetary Filter especially good for viewing Jupiter and Saturn
- #25 Red Planetary Filter especially good for viewing the contrast between the Martian surface and the dark Marias
- Moon Filter to dampen the Moon's brightness so that more contrast and greater detail can be seen
- Hard Plastic carrying case with fitted cut foam inside to protect the eyepieces and filters