Holga asked snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler, to design a camera for the low-fi masses. The free-spirited Olympian and Oakley clothing designer patterned the 135BC Camera - Gretchen Bleiler Edition based on her lively Oakley designs. The 135BC is as bright and vibrant as the snowboarder herself.
Not only is this 135BC funky in the looks department, but as all Holgaphiles know, it also produces that iconic Holga image. Intentional light leaks create vignetting, otherwise known as "soft edges," that turn the everyday scene into an otherworldly image. To intensify the effect, the 135BC also features a hot shoe adapter for adding a flash, a bulb setting for prolonged exposures, and the ability to shoot with any style 35mm film.
- Designed by Gretchen herself, the Gretchen Bleiler Holga 135BC reflects Gretchen's personal style. The camera artfully matches with the Gretchen-designed Powder Jacket from Oakley
- "Every single one of us has the unique opportunity to create awareness and influence change" is written on the bottom of each camera in Gretchen's handwriting
- Images created by a Holga are known to be quirky and surreal
- Unpredictable and fantastic light leaks makes each image completely unique
- Plastic lens artistically results in images with sharp focus in the center that softens toward the edges
- Vintage vignetting is a classic feature of all Holgas
- Uses 135 format black and white, color negative and slide film
- Approximate aperture settings of f/8 and f/11
- Shutter speed approximately 1/100th of a second, or bulb setting for long exposures
- Hot shoe adapter for a flash