The Vanguard Auctus Plus 283AT 3-Section Aluminum Tripod (Legs Only) is a heavy-duty yet lightweight tripod that supports loads over 30 lb and facilitates extremely precise height adjustments by way of its advanced geared center column. It's a sturdy, versatile support for almost any head, camera & lens combination, for use in the studio or outdoors.
Setup of the 283AT is easy, as anti-rotation legs allow both of a leg's locks to be turned with a single twist of the wrist. These secure locks seal out dust and sand to ensure continued reliable performance even in adverse conditions. Leg scales help you ensure that the three legs are extended to the same height. With the legs and the center column fully extended, the tripod reaches a maximum height of 66.9".
The center column extends via the ultra-smooth Extreme Support Height Positioning (ESHP) wheel system, a dual-function wheel gear that has a finer or faster effect depending on whether its handle is flipped in or out. Further, there's a large friction-control knob underneath the canopy, which also enables control over the speed of the column's extension. The ESHP wheel system both facilitates extremely precise height adjustments and supports extremely heavy loads.
The tripod's all-terrain feet convert from anti-rust spikes to angled, textured rubber for smooth surfaces and other terrains. In addition, snow shoes are included; these "overshoes" help the tripod's feet from sinking into snow and sand.
- Anti-shock ring under center column post
- Innovative locking camera screw wheel
- Legs adjust to 25°, 50°, and 80° angles for use on uneven terrain and for low-angle photography
- Counterweight hook at the bottom of the center column allows added stability in windy conditions
- Rubber foam warmers on all three legs mitigate the effects of extreme heat & cold and provide grip
- Ring on chassis allows addition of a shoulder strap (not included)
- Large bubble level