The Duet2 from Apogee is a welcome successor to an already well respected portable audio interface, delivering even better sound quality than the original. While the original Duet was FireWire based, the new version uses USB 2.0 and provides respectfully better roundtrip hardware latency performance.
The interface is more than capable of making studio quality recordings of vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, drums, and anything musical. Because of its portability, you are ready to create at any time. And while the high-gain microphone preamps capture performances with clarity, the outputs are also capable of presenting incredible detailed and dimensional sound.
The microphone preamps feature a new design, enhanced components and seamless click-free transitions throughout the 75dB of gain. The preamps are optimized for any sound source, so no matter what's being recorded, it get's captured in every detail. The AD/DA converters are also an all-new design, delivering the purest recordings and best listening experience possible.
A full color, high-resolution OLED display is the main control center for the Duet2, providing visual feedback for multiple functions including metering, numeric value for input and output levels, input grouping, phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit indication. The display provides immediate status of the inputs and outputs without having to refer to Maestro or the host recording software.
Stereo headphones or left and right mono speaker outs can be assigned in pairs to output 1-2 or 3-4 or the low latency mixer, and each can be placed in stereo, mono, muted or dimmed modes. It is possible for a DJ to monitor a separate mix in headphones while sending a house mix to the club, a live performer to send a click track to in-ear monitors while sending a backing track to front-of-house, and a recording engineer to send a headphone mix to the performer while dedicating the main outputs to studio monitors.
- USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac with completely redesigned microphone preamps and converters
- Two microphone preamps deliver up to 75dB of gain
- Two combo Line/Microphone/Instrument analog inputs
- Two balanced line outputs with +20dBu maximum output level
- Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- 24-bit/192kHz analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- Top panel, high-resolution OLED display
- Multi-function controller knob
- An optional aluminum breakout box with studio quality I/O connectors is available separately
Two assignable top panel touch pads provide quick access to a choice of the following functions
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs