The SL 2 for Serato Scratch Live from Rane is a digital DJ system that allows the DJ to take their entire digital music collection on the road. The system replicates the traditional DJing experience for "real feel" usability with low latency. The SL 2 USB interface connects one or two standard vinyl or CD turntables to a computer using a single USB cable and audio connections to line inputs on a DJ mixer.
Scratch Live software supports fixed and variable bit rate MP3, AIFF, AAC, ALAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis formats and CD audio and sources direct from the mixer. Audio can be recorded direct from vinyl or CD and saved as 16- or 24-bit 48kHz stereo files. Additionally, playlists and iTunes libraries can be dragged directly from Explorer (Windows) or the Finder (Mac) into the Scratch Live library.
The crate and sub-crate system helps organize the library and sets. Hot-swap external drives with fast automatic library merging and retention of crates. Browse the music collection by album, artist, BPM, or genre, with optional album art display. Intuitive search function can be applied to any field to find things quickly. Edit ID3 tags with full Unicode support.
Preprocessing of MP3 files is not required except to detect corrupt files or to utilize the auto-BPM and auto-gain functions. Auto-BPM detects tempo information for tracks without it, saving it with each file. A tap tempo button allows for entering custom tempos. Auto-gain sets a target gain on any or all songs in your library. Individual gain can also be manually adjusted and remembered in each song file.
- CD/Phono input switch on the SL 2 box
- Superior sounding 24-bit converters
- Hotter 3Vrms input and output
- 44.1 or 48kHz sample rate selected in software
- Pro phono preamps and galvanic isolation
- ASIO/Core Audio drivers for 3rd-party support
- Small and compact die-cast design
- Unique Serato NoiseMap technology (non-Timecode) delivers exceptional tracking
- Stable and low latency digital vinyl system
- Key Lock maintains the key or pitch of the song to what it would be if the track was playing at normal speed, regardless of the platter speed of the turntable or CD player
- Waveforms are colored by frequency to allow for distinguishing instruments visually
- Full track overview lets you quickly find where the beat drops, find breakdowns and choruses, and jump to any part of the song
- The tempo display assists with rapid tempo matching of tracks
- Visual markers can be set for up to 5 cue points per song and triggered from the keyboard
- MIDI control can interface USB controllers with Scratch Live (DJ controller support will vary)
- Censor expletives on the fly with an instant quick-reverse and catch-up with no loss of timing or pitch
- Full version included
- Free software updates