Take control of your home theater experience. The URC-A6 Pre-Programmed Learning Remote from Universal Remote can replace up to six individual remote controls and features a dedicated light control button that gives you the power to control your home entertainment system with a single remote.
This handy universal remote is compatible with thousands of A/V devices because it comes programmed with an extensive library of codes. This remote has multiple set-up options including a "Quick Set-up" which does almost all of the work for you. You can also teach your new URC-A6 the commands from other remote controls with the "Learning" feature.
It also features one-button Macros to launch an automated series of interconnected commands. These can turn on your TV, cable box, DVD player, and surround sound system all at the same time with the touch of a single button. The URC-A6 even offers four "My Favorites" buttons that let you program five channels each for one-touch access to certain channels.
- Control up to 6 Audio/Video Components
- The URC-A6 remote control allows you to control up to 6 different audio/video components and operate virtually all brands of audio, TV, DVD, DVR, VCR, satellite cable, lights and auxiliary components like game consoles and music servers. You can enjoy streamlined control from the comfort of your couch.
- One-Touch MacroPower Function
- Say goodbye to your pile of remotes. With MacroPower, multiple devices work together with a single button. You can turn on your TV, DVD player, and A/V receiver all at once for streamlined, simplified powering on and off of your system from the couch.
- SimpleSound Technology
- With SimpleSound technology, you'll have total volume control over all the components in your system, even those that don't have built-in volume control like TiVo, DVD and VCR components. This adds another control option so you can customize your entertainment.
- Four "My Favorites" Buttons
- Program your favorite channels so that you can access them at the touch of a single button. Four buttons can each program up to five favorite channels (or a total of 20 button presses).
- 6 Macro Buttons for Commands
- The URC-A6 has 6 Macro buttons that can store up to 20 commands in each button. Press any of the Macro buttons or "Automated Activity" to activate the series of commands.
- Assignable Component Buttons
- After programming the remote for all your components, you can simply press a button and all the buttons will work with that device. The convenient LED light in the component button will light up to indicate which component you're in control of for simple operation.
- "Quick Set-up"
- Manually using your old remote, turn on the component you want to program. Point the URC-A6 toward the component that you want to program and press and hold the component button. Once you have saved codes, the component LED light blinks three times to confirm your stored codes.
- "Couch Mode" for Power Saving
- The "Couch Mode" is exactly what it sounds like: after a button is pressed for more than 30 seconds, the remote automatically turns itself off. So when it slips between the cushions of your couch, the battery power won't be used up and you can enjoy worry-free programming.
- Low Battery Warning
- When the batteries are low and need to be replaced the component LED will blink three times when you press the power on button to eliminate any surprises.
- On-Screen Display (OSD) Control
- You can program the URC-A6 so that cable or DVD OSD controls like MENU, GUIDE, INFO, EXIT or SELECT will also operate in other component modes on the remote control.