The Gitzo GK1580TQR4 Series 1 Traveler 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit is a lightweight – yet extremely sturdy and rigid – support for a DSLR or other camera, for a total maximum load of 12.1 lb. With the center column and the four leg sections fully extended, the tripod and head reach a maximum height of 59.1".
Thanks to the legs' 6x carbon fiber construction, the GK1580TQR4 weighs only 2.7 lb, which makes this Traveler kit ideal for use while hiking or otherwise "traveling." The kit folds up to only 16.1" long for easy transport.
Together with the advanced carbon fiber material of the legs, the redesigned G-Lock twist-lock mechanism for the legs also contributes to the tripod's rigidity, achieving a 20% increase over previous-generation technology. Moreover, as the kit's load approaches its 12.1 lb maximum, the locking mechanism actually increases in strength. With G-Lock, leg locking is stronger, safer, and faster.
The ball head, a GH1781TQR head with a dual-locking quick-release plate (Gitzo GS5370C), features a patent-pending "bubble ball" that's treated with PTFE and mounted on PTFE bushings for the ultimate in smooth operation. The aluminum head pans a full 360° and allows for lateral tilt from +100 to -30°.
- Rapid Center Column
- The center-column locking collar above the tripod chassis makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. A grooved design prevents rotation of the column and improves system stability
- Ground Level Set
- The center column is removable so that you can shoot closer to the ground. Without using any tools, you can remove the center column and secure the upper disc directly to the upper casting using the center column hook
- Reversible Center Column
- For even lower-level shooting or for macro work, the center column is also reversible for easy inversion
- Counterweight Hook
- The built-in hook at the bottom of the center column allows you to hang a weight (such as a sandbag or full camera bag) in order to provide additional stability when you're operating with heavy loads, on uneven ground, or in windy conditions
- Anti Leg Rotation
- A redesigned Anti Leg Rotation system means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. With a single twist of your wrist, you can loosen all three twist locks on a leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually
- Removable Rubber Feet
- The tripod features removable rubber feet. This allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes
- Gitzo 6x Carbon Fiber
- Gitzo 6x guarantees structural strength, flexion rigidity, and great vibration absorption properties. The performance of this multilayer design is unique and inimitable thanks to the advanced aerospace production technology and the exclusive inner structure. It is the highest-density tube that's 100% made of top-quality ultra-thin (7μm) carbon fibers – a 28mm tube contains 1.5 million carbon fibers