The Custom Brackets Tilt Head AS is a precision-machined aluminum head that was designed for use with a monopod. The head features an Arca Swiss-style quick-release system that can be oriented in two positions to accommodate either a camera plate or a plate for a long lens (not included). The clamp is loosened and tightened by first pushing in the quick-release lever, and then turning it. You can easily reorient the quick-release clamp 90° by using the supplied Allen key.
The head attaches to a monopod via the Tilt Head AS's 3/8"-16 thread. If your monopod has a 1/4"-20 stud, use a reducer bushing to make the conversion. The head features separate controls for tension (drag) and tilt-lock, which allows for extremely precise adjustments to the tilt. Tilt is possible a full 90° downward and nearly the same range upward.
The Tilt Head AS was designed for the Manfrotto 685B NeoTec monopod, but it will of course work with any other monopod – or a tripod, in case you do not need a panning capability. For the 685B, Custom Brackets offers Anti-Twist Pins for Manfrotto 685B (not included), which install on the bottom of the head to prevent the head from twisting at all once it's installed on the monopod.
- Precision-machined for smooth tilt forward and backward
- Anodized for a scratch-resistant finish
- Separate drag and lock knobs for better control of tilt
- Arca Swiss-style quick release for fast setup and storage (bracket or camera/lens plate not included)
- For safety, the clamp-locking lever needs to be pushed in order to loosen the Arca-style clamp