The StorCenter px4-300d Network Storage Enclosure from Iomega is a network storage enclosure, perfect for use in small offices, workgroups, and home networks. It can house up to (4) 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives or SSD drives. It connects to your network via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and offers advanced features such as iSCSI block access, RAID support, and remote data access. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
Business users will be happy with the vast functionality of the device. It can be connected to a UPS monitoring port, act as a print server of Axis IP security camera server, and supports rsync device-to-device data replication. Support for Microsoft's Active Directory, user quotas, and user-replaceable drives round out the server's impressive professional feature set.
Home users will be happy to know that the server features built-in support for the UPnP AV protocol. This allows media files stored on the drive to be streamed to DLNA-certified devices -- whose members include many popular digital media players. It also features a BitTorrent client, which allows you to download files shared on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing network directly to the drive -- making it possible to download files when your computer is powered down!
- The enclosure ships without any drives, allowing you to add your own. Each of its four bays can accept a 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drive or SSD drive. Drive carriers are included.
- For I/O intensive applications, the px4-300d can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (Hot Spare), all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. JBOD mode is also available.
- Supports many popular network file protocols, including CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, and SNMP.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and e-mail application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS. Includes support for SCSI-3 persistent reservations.
- Support for Solid State Drives
- Dual-core Intel Atom Processor
- 2GB memory
- Dual GbE NICs
- Diskless configuration -- bring your own drives
- Storage pools with RAID expansion, migration and hot spares
- Advanced RAID levels including Hot Spare
- The enclosure has been certified for use with VMware vSphere 4.0, Citrix XenServer, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2. It has been tested by the EMC E-Lab.
- Features support for Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration.
- Built-in Iomega Cloud technology makes it possible to centralize, share and protect your data from anywhere.
Advanced Networking Capabilities:
- NIC bonding for failover and load balancing including 802.3ad link aggregation
- Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads
- VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard
- iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments
Data Replication/Device to Device Data Copy Jobs:
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share -- including Iomega Personal Cloud locations -- using the rsync or CIFS protocol
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule
- Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/write on FAT32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Automatic hard drive spin-down assures the most efficient power consumption.
- Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter px4-300d.
- UPS support enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- The System Status screen is a consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- E-mail alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter px4-300d.
Powerful Backup Functionality
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. The enclosure is also compatible with today's most common backup software applications.
- Allows Apple users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the px4-300d.
- Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect to replicate data from your px4-300d to your public cloud account.
- Utilize two px4-300d devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
Total Data Protection:
- Features robust username and password authorized access. You can create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
- RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades.
- Iomega's QuikProtect backup software is available for download.
- Compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices, and computers.
Built in Audio Video Media Server is UPnP/DLNA Certified:
- Stream content to media devices
- Built-in iTunes server
- Integrated Facebook, Flickr and YouTube sharing
- Integrated peer-to-peer file transfer management supports BitTorrent downloads
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) supports automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port. It can also resize and watermark your photos.
- Upload contacts, photos, and more from a cell phone, pocket PC or BlackBerry phone via Bluetooth. You just need to connect an optional USB Bluetooth adapter to the enclosure!
Iomega Personal Cloud
- Iomega Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter network storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega's Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned -- so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
- Keeping a backup copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
- Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
- Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) -- especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate.
- Sending large files can quickly choke your company's e-mail system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files.
- Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. And, users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
- Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
- Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
- During the warranty period, Iomega provides with this device a dedicated customer support phone line for handling all problems, troubleshooting, and return inquiries: 1-800-940-6354. Only units found to be defective can be returned, and Iomega will make every effort to resolve any problems over the phone first
The Iomega StorCenter px4-300d Network Storage has received the following certifications:
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, and 2008 R2 including Microsoft Cluster Server and Hyper-V Live Migration
- VMware VSphere ESX4 iSCSI and NAS, XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS