The DCF BC 9x32 Binocular from Pentax is waterproof to the point where they can be rinsed clean with fresh water. They are nitrogen filled, insuring a fog free viewing. The open-bridge architecture provides a light-weight, firm, and comfortable hold. Rubber housing with slight indentations for the thumbs helps stabilize and ease the fatigue of long viewing sessions.
Optically these binoculars are silver deposited on their auxiliary prisms for decreased internal light loss while the roof prisms are phase coated ensuring a high contrast, high resolution viewing experience. They are fully multicoated so that all the lens elements have multiple layers on all the air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrast image with less eyestrain.
The element movement for focusing takes place internally improving the fogproofing and waterproofing sealing. The housing, a compact under 4 1/2 inches square, is fully rubber coated adding protection to the binocular from bumps and bruises. A diopter ring and helicoids eyepieces with 5 click stops permits customization for those who do or do not wear sun/eyeglasses.
- Dark green with black
- Apparent Field of View is a wide 60.3°
- Nitrogen filled to keep the condensation out and prevent fogging
- Inner focusing provides greater stability and a tighter weather seal
- Click stopped diopter and helicoids eyepieces produce customized viewing comfort
- Waterproof JIS Class 6 to 3.3 feet / 1 meter; just rinse them off with fresh water to clean them
- Fully multicoated, phase coated, and silver deposited roof prisms mean optimum optics for clear, crisp image clarity
- Open bridge form factor made from fiber-reinforced polycarbonate provides strength and rigidity decreasing the weight and increasing the handling ability