Designed to give you the benefits of solid-state technology while still being affordable for its class, OCZ's 120GB Agility 3 SATA III 2.5" SSD is an internal solid-state storage drive that delivers 120GB of memory, fast performance, and solid reliability. With this hard drive upgrade, you will notice significantly faster load times for games, programs, large video or audio files, or your operating system than if you were using a traditional hard disk drive. The drive features maximum read speeds of up to 525MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 500MB/s. It has also clocked sustained random 4KB file writes at 50,000 IOPS and maximum speeds of up to 85,000 IOPS. In addition, it has clocked random 4KB file reads at 20,000 IOPS.
So as to perform this quickly, the drive utilizes solid state MLC NAND flash components, the blazing SATA 6Gbps bus interface, and a SandForce 2281 controller. Beyond speed, it also features native TRIM support so your drive will perform over the long haul and RAID support so that you can combine it with other drives for greater, more secure memory. Along with these features, this drive boasts the same advantages of other solid state drives in that it uses solid-state technologies to perform with less energy, noise, and required power than mechanical hard disk drives. It also is shock resistant so you most likely won't need to worry about your drive if you accidentally bump or drop your computer, unlike traditional hard disk drives. For a solid-state drive that balances performance and value, check this one out from OCZ.
- Delivers maximum read speeds of up to 525MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 500MB/s. It has also clocked random 4KB file writes at up to 85,000 IOPS
- Fast performance for games, systems boots, professional multimedia applications, and other programs
- Promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives
- Native TRIM support
- RAID Support
- Boasts a sleek 2.5" design for inserting into your notebook
- 2 million hour MTBF
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, and Linux