This E-films MxR Extreme Expresscard Adapter is a USB Expresscard for the Sony EX1/EX3/EX1R/PMW-350. Supporting all brands and sizes of SDHC/SDXC and UHS interface memory, the MxR Extreme is designed as a replacement for the Sony SxS Pro for the aforementioned range of Sony EX cameras. By speeding up downloads and providing 'flawless' recording from 1-60 frames per second, the MxR efficiently writes data to the inserted SD card.
- MxR Extreme Expresscard Adapter for Sony EX1/EX3/EX1R/PMW-350
- The E-film MxR Extreme is a custom designed and purpose built USB Expresscard that supports all brands and sizes of SDHC/SDXC including the very latest UHS interface memory
- What Does it Do?
- Replaces SxS Pro: The E-films MxR Extreme adapts SDHC/SDXC and UHS memory to replace Sony SxS Pro memory in the Sony range of EX cameras
- Speeds up downloads: Downloading UHS based memory to computer using the E-films MxR Extreme is 35+ megabytes per second in a real world environment, and compare favorably to SxS which is approximately 75 megabytes per second
- All under/overcranking speeds supported: Recording is flawless from 1-60 frames per second, the same as SxS Pro
- Unlimited recording: Sony realeased a 64GB SxS-1 Pro card, which is surpassed by the combination of the E-film MxR Extreme and the Lexar 128GB card
- How Does the E-Films MxR Extreme Do This?
- It intercepts USB activity from the camera and converts that data stream, writing it to the SD card on the fly. It is so efficient at this conversion process, that it can convert even the highest speed overcranking of 60fps onto modest performing SD cards without a problem
- Are There Any Risks Associated with Using SD Cards of Such Large Size?
- There are always risks associated with using flash memory of any kind. And there were also risks to using tapes in the past. But the same applies now and then. Always ensure you are using well known and recommended brands and products. Test them before an important shoot, and carefully secure the media after the shoot
- What Memory is the E-Films MxR Extreme Compatible With?
The E-Films MxR Extreme is guaranteed to be compatible with any SDHC, SDXC, and UHS memory cards that adhere to the SD Association Standards. SD cards that E-films has tested are listed below. Other brands not listed will work with the MxR Extreme, but they have not been tested, and E-films does not have an opinion on them
SDXC - 64GB Sandisk 64GB SDXC Class 4 Transcend 64GB SDXC Class 10 Verbatim 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Kingston 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Toshiba 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Panasonic 48GB SDXC Panasonic 64GB SDXC
SDHC - 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS - 1 ATP Pro Max Class 10 Silicon Power Class 10 Photofast Class 10 Transcend Class 10 A-RAM Class 10 Delkin Class 10 Integral Class 10 Veho Class 6
SHDC - 16GB Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-1 ATP Pro Max Class 10 Silicon Power Class 10 Photofast Class 10 Transcend Class 10 A-RAM Class 10 Delkin Class 10 Integral Class 10 Veho Class 6
Please Note! The latest firmware versions for your camera are required for use