The Wireless N Pocket Router and Access Point from D-Link is a handy little solution that can operate in three different ways for connecting your wired or wireless devices to your network. As a router, it can link up both wireless -N and -B devices, such as your computer, game consoles, printers, and more. When in router mode, you can also utilize the built-in USB port for connecting up a USB printer or storage drive to your network. As an alternative to router mode, the Wireless N Pocket Router and Access Point can work in a "Wireless Client Mode." In this mode, it can connect an Ethernet-enabled device such as your computer or Xbox 360 to your Wi-Fi network. As a third mode, the Wireless N Pocket Router and Access Point can act as a wireless "Access Point." Once you've connected this device up to your wired router, the Wireless N will connect to any wireless -N and -B devices within range.
For any of these three modes, the Wireless N Pocket Router and Access Point utilizes a built-in Fast Ethernet port, so as to connect to your modem as a router, to your wired router as an access point, or to your Ethernet-enabled devices in Wireless Client mode. Beyond these modes, this device features a one-touch WPS button for quickly setting up a secure connection, and utilizes WPA and WPA2 encryption.
- Multi-mode functionality with wireless router, access point, or wireless client mode
- Create a powerful Wi-Fi network with Wireless N technology
- Backward compatible with Wireless G devices
- SharePort Technology for sharing a USB printer or storage over your network when in router mode
- You can power this device by directly connecting it to your computer's USB port 1
- Easily add devices and secure your network with Wi-Fi Protect Setup push button security
- Secure your wireless network using advanced WPA or WPA2 encryption