The Cam Caddie Scorpion EX Pro Kit includes the Cam Caddie Scorpion EX camera handle, Scorpion EX Cheese Plate/Tripod mount, 2 accessory shoes, accessory wing, 1/4-20 Flashner/Converter, 2 Scorpion mounting knobs and 1 lockout kit.
The Cam Caddie Scorpion EX is a versatile camera handle and stabilizer designed to give modern DSLRs point & shoot cameras the same feel as a traditional video camcorder. The new breed of DSLRs & HD video cameras have become so small they are now difficult to hold & maneuver. The Scorpion EX solves this problem with its ergonomically designed handle, creating a comfortable grip for smooth and steady shots. The Scorpion EX can also help facilitate moves that look like a professional jib arm or camera stabilizer. The Cam Caddie Scorpion EX is Ideal for capturing action shots, and low angles, Specifically designed for the run and gun videographer, the Scorpion is a great DSLR Rig for quickly attaching an endless variety of accessories.The Cam Caddie Scorpion is compatible with nearly all consumer level video recording devices and DSLRs.
The universal tripod mount screw hole is found on nearly all camera models, and is the mechanism which is required to attach your camera to the Scorpion mount. The Cheese Plate mounts the Scorpion EX directly onto a tripod, slider or shoulder support. Instantly go from tripod to handheld shooting without making any adjustments to your setup. The versatile design enables the Scorpion platform to double as a DSLR cage allowing the operator to attach an endless variety of accessories.
The Accessory shoe is used to mount microphones, LED lights or any other device that is normally attached with the flash shoe platform. It can be used to mount a single microphone or LED light, or it can be combined with the Accessory Wing to create a 10-inch track for mounting multiple items.
The Cam Caddie Accessory Wing is a 10" (25.4cm) flat bar that is used with the Accessory Shoe to offer extra spacing on the camera support for mounting camera accessories or used with the Mounting Screw to connect to the base of the Scorpion. It can be mounted onto any 1/4-20 thread or a tripod top plate to attach multiple accessories. The bar is compatible with accessories such as: light panels, mics, monitors, lavaliere transponders, etc. You can attach the wing directly to the camera via the Cam Caddie 1/4-20 Flashner/Converter.
The 1/4-20 Flashner converts a standard 1/4-20 tripod mount to a Flash Shoe. Attach any accessory that has a tripod mount directly to the Scorpion Accessory Shoe, Accessory Wing, or camera Flash Shoe. The 1/4-20 Flashner/converter also works with Cam Caddie Flashner kits.
The 1/4-20 threaded mounting knob/screws are used to attach the camera to the base of the Scorpion or an Accessory Wing to the base of the Scorpion.
- Complete support system for HDSLR and small video cameras
- Consists of the entire Scorpion line of products
- Aids for convenient shooting, whether handheld or tripod-mounted
- Mounts multiple accessories from microphones to video lights to external monitors
- Scorpion EX makes the backbone of the support system
- Scorpion EX's lightweight composite material construction with polymer grip provides a comfortable and solid platform
- Dampens jerky movements like a camera stabilizer or Jib arm
- Shock dampening ability renders the Scorpion kit ideal for capturing action events such as skateboarding, snowboarding, sports, corporate events, weddings, walkthroughs, etc
- Accessory shoes can hold accessories such as flash units, Lite panels, microphones, XLR Inputs and external recording devices
- Accessory shoes can be adjusted to maximize weight distribution, thus ensuring enhanced operability
- Quick release attachment further eases setting up your complete support system
- Accessory wings allow you to easily and quickly mount Lite panels, microphones, monitors & lavaliere transponders
- Wings can be mounted to any 1/4-20 thread
- ¼-20 Flashner can fit into any industry standard flash shoe platform (hot/cold), and allows you to attach a variety of accessories directly to your camera
- Cheese plate lets you to mount the Scorpion EX directly onto a tripod, allowing you to easily switch between handheld shooting and tripod without needing any adjustments to your setup