The Gitzo GH1781T Series 1 Traveler Ball Head combines ultra-smooth operation, strong-locking materials, and a compact, lightweight design – adding up to a high-performance, low-profile ball head that's small & light enough to earn it a spot in any travel bag. The head supports camera/lens combinations up to 13.2 lb.
The GH1781T weighs only 0.5 lb thanks in part to its patent-pending "bubble ball," which is hollow to achieve a significant reduction in weight. Like the bushings, the ball is treated with PTFE, a silky-smooth material that coats the metal ball to enable super-accurate, ultra-low-friction adjustments to your camera's positioning.
This "simplified" center ball head features a single knob for locking pan and tilt. The head features a full 360° panoramic adjustment range and lateral tilt up to 100° for portrait orientation.
- Safe Lock
- Safe Lock is a special techno polymer that maximizes locking torque and equipment stabilization. It is used on the upper discs of the head – where the camera is rotated and screwed onto the support – to eliminate micro-movements and vibration
- Bubble Ball
- Gitzo has developed an exclusive technology that enables the company to produce high-quality, completely round, hollow spheres, with an ultra-thin wall that results in an incredible weight reduction
- Silky-Smooth PTFE Coating
- Gitzo's Bubble Ball also features a PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface's micro-roughness for the ultimate in accuracy. PTFE is a special treatment that generates a unique ultra-smooth surface and dramatically reduces friction between moving parts. This treatment bonds strongly with metal surfaces and ensures long-lasting performance. PTFE is one of the lowest-friction materials known to science, with the same friction coefficient as melting ice
- Magnesium Construction
- Magnesium comes in different grades, and Gitzo uses material only of the highest quality. It offers significant weight savings, being 30% lighter than aluminum. In magnesium castings, every functional bolt and screw works on threads reinforced by high-quality steel inserts for lifetime performance