The EC-UEIS7 USB 2.0 and eSATA to IDE or SATA Aluminum Hard Drive Enclosure from Sabrent is a super-easy way to convert an internal standard-sized 3.5" SATA or IDE/PATA hard drive to an external drive. This enclosure features both a speedy eSATA port and the more universal USB 2.0 port for connecting to your computer. The USB 2.0 interface is also backwards compatible with USB 1.1 ports.
To get started, simply insert the drive into the enclosure and connect the enclosure to your computer. No need to install drivers. Because the enclosure is made of durable aluminum, it also dissipates heat as you use your SATA or IDE/PATA hard drive in the enclosure. Plus it has a built-in 80mm cooling fan to ensure that your drive stays cool.
- Supports a standard-sized 3.5" SATA or IDE/PATA hard drive up to a capacity of 2TB
- Transfer data from the enclosure to your computer at a rate of up to 3Gbps via the eSATA interface or up to 480Mbps via USB 2.0
- The ultra-light aluminum case provides heat dissipation
- The LED light indicates Power and Activity status
- On/Off power switch
- Enclosure features a built-in 80 mm cooling fan
- The enclosure is hot-swappable and plug-and-play, so you can connect it, disconnect it, and reconnect it to your computer all in one sitting without having to reboot or install drivers to use it
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 computer ports
- You can easily access the drive via your notebook or desktop computer