The AudioBox 44VSL from Presonus is a portable 4 input/4 output USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface that allows for monitoring with low-latency effects. Using the computer's CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive software, the interface provide reverb and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer, all with inaudible latency.
Compact and rugged, the interface offers two front-panel microphone/instrument combo and two microphone/line combo inputs, global phantom power, and six line-level outputs. It features the same high-headroom, Class-A XMAX preamps as the StudioLive mixers, and has 24-bit/96kHz converters with 114dB dynamic range for clear, clean audio.
The preamplifiers offer three key advantages - high voltage, discrete components and Class-A circuitry. The net result is low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and most importantly, musicality and transparency. The unit is housed in a ruggedly built metal chassis. Clip lights are provided for all channels.
The interface includes an 8 x 4 software mixer that along with a laptop or other computer running VSL allows you to mix a studio session or a live show featuring, say, a guitar duo with vocals, a small band, a DJ rig with mixer and stereo synthesizer, or a panel discussion, all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL, the AudioBox 44VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software.
- 4 input/4 output 24-bit/96kHz USB 2.0 recording interface
- 2 Class-A XMAX microphone/instrument preamps
- 2 Class-A XMAX microphone/line preamps
- Individual input channel-trim controls with 0 to +35dBu microphone gain range
- 2 balanced 1/4" TRS phone main outputs with level control
- 4 balanced 1/4" TRS phone auxiliary line outputs
- Headphone amplifier with level control
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency analog monitoring)
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live) 8 x 4 Kernel mode DSP mixer with StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processing and EQ for each analog input and its DAW return and two stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- VSL includes more than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- Analog monitor mixing with playback/input mix control knob
- Power/USB sync LED
- Clip lights for each channels
- Globally-switchable phantom power
- MIDI I/O
- Rugged metal chassis
- 1/2-rack unit form factor
- Includes Studio One Artist software with unlimited track count and over 4GB of third-party resources