The 5341 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem from Zoom Telephonics is a high-speed cable modem that is fully compliant with the DOCSIS 3.0 communications standard. The standard supports download speeds of up to 172Mbps and upload speeds up to 143Mbps. It is backwards compatible with DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0 service, allowing it to work on almost all cable Internet services in the US.
As many cable companies charge you a monthly rental fee for a modem, owning your own hardware allows you to avoid this fee. This modem features a Gigabit port to connect it to your home network. The modem supports both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols, and can be managed via SNMP.
- Easy installation
- Up to 172Mbps downstream and 143Mbps upstream transfer with bonding of up to four channels
- Gigabit Ethernet port supports the fast transfers provided by DOCSIS 3.0 cable service. It also provides compatibility and easy installation when used with almost any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, as well as standard wired and wireless routers
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6, ensuring that it will continue to function when IPv6 supersedes IPv4 as the standard for IP addresses
- Status LEDs indicate power, downstream transfer, upstream transfer, status, and service link for easy monitoring
Provides support for the latest data-over cable standard DOCSIS 3.0, as well as DOCSIS 1.0,
1.1 and 2.0 to ensure operation with the fastest available services and compatibility with all US operators.
DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) is the industry standard for transmission of Internet data over cable-based systems in the US and many other countries. Check with your service provider to ensure they use the DOCSIS standard
- Supported SNMP functions include MIB-II, Ethernet-Like MIB, Bridge MIB, Cable Device MIB, Baseline Privacy Interface MIB, and RF Interface MIB
- Mounts horizontally or vertically using the included stand
- US-based technical support for both consumers and cable service providers
- Certified by CableLabs