The XJ-M140 Signature Model XGA DLP Multimedia Projector from Casio features a hybrid LED/laser light source that outputs 2500 lumens and lasts up to 20,000 hours. A single-chip 0.55" DLP imaging device delivers a 1024 x 768 (XGA) native resolution and 4:3 native aspect ratio. Thanks to internal scaling capability, the projector can also accept non-native signals up to 1080p for HDTV and 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) for computer sources.
For connection to a variety of devices, including computers, Blu-ray disc and DVD players, document cameras, and more the projector features VGA, HDMI, and composite inputs. The VGA input can also be adapted to accept a component signal using an adapter or adapter cable, available separately. For analog audio, there is a stereo RCA jack paired with the composite input, and a 3.5mm mini jack paired with the VGA input. Audio can be output using the built-in 5-watt mono speaker or sent to amplified speakers or a PA system using the 3.5mm mini jack output. There is also an RS-232 port for remote operation using custom software or an automation system, such as Crestron.
- Single Chip DLP Technology
- Features less spacing between pixels and better contrast than many comparable LCD-based systems, and the design does not require a filter that needs to be replaced.
- 1.5x Manual Zoom with 1.64 to 2.46:1 Throw Ratio
- Throw ratio is one of the most important specifications a projector lens has as it tells you the image size (width) you will get at a given distance from the screen. For example, at the 1.25x zoom setting and a 15' distance, this projector will throw a 92"-wide (115"-diagonal) image.
- Laser/LED Hybrid Light Source
Combines the light produced by a laser array and a mercury-free LED lamp to provide a light source outputting 2500 lumens, which is more energy efficient than conventional projector lamps and features a life up to 20,000 hours. The Casio Hybrid Light Source projector features quick startup and shutdown. The projector reaches its maximum brightness in a minimum of 8 seconds and requires no cooling down period.
Note: The Slim Hybrid Light Source can only be replaced by the Casio Factory Service Center. Disassembly of the projector and/or use of its technology or components for other purposes is potentially dangerous.
- 4:3 Native Aspect Ratio
- This projector features the XGA format, which produces a 4:3 aspect ratio picture optimal for PowerPoint presentations and many still image formats. The wider 16:9 HDTV and 16:10 computer aspect ratios can still be displayed - either by cropping the sides of the image, "letterboxing" (filling the remaining space with black bars top and bottom), or applying an anamorphic squeeze, which distorts the picture.
- RS-232 Controllable
- An RS-232 port allows you to operate this projector remotely using custom-developed software or an automation system such as Crestron.
- 3D Ready
- Supports synchronization with DLP Link-compatible active 3D glasses without any special connection hardware. This works by taking advantage of DLP's high refresh rate to transmit sync data between frames, and requires software and a computer graphics card that both support DLP Link - Blu-ray players are not supported.