LaCie's 500GB Porsche Designed Portable Hard Drive is a small, high-capacity, high-speed external portable hard drive with a sophisticated, bold look and a thick, protective 3mm aluminum-casing. This drive can store a maximum capacity of 500GB and, using the USB 3.0 interface, can transfer that data at up to 5Gbps. To note, while Mac OS X doesn't natively support USB 3.0, you can add USB 3.0 to your Mac computer by installing LaCie's USB 3.0 Mac driver and a LaCie USB 3.0 computer card. The USB 3.0 interface is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so you can connect it to any computers that use this older interface.
Along with the drive, you will receive an online Wuala cloud storage account with 10GB for a year and software that includes LaCie's Public-Private as well as Backup Assistant. With this software, you can easily password protect your drive and manage crucial backups for your computer. For managing your power-settings on the drive, included with the software is also an automatic eco-mode that boasts upwards of 40% energy savings.
- With 3mm of strong aluminum casing surrounding the drive inside, you can be sure that your data is solidly protected. LaCie and Porsche worked together to combine form and function -resulting in a mobile drive that looks great (and works great)-no matter where you take it
- The drive's USB 3.0 interface can transfer data at up to 5Gbps
- USB 3.0 interface is backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- As part of the included software, the eco-management mode automatically puts the drive in standby mode so as to reduce the energy-use by upwards of 40%
- With this drive, you receive 10GB of Wuala Online Storage for one year to securely store and share your data online
- With LaCie Private-Public software preloaded on the drive, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go. Benefit from an AES 256-bit encryption algorithm. Requires MacFUSE to run on your Mac computer
- As part of the included software, Backup Assistant is an easy, worry-free, automatic means of backing up your Mac or Windows computer files