The iMic USB Audio Interface from Griffin Technology allows you to connect microphones and other input devices to your iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac or other Mac or PC system using a USB interface. It supports both mic and line level inputs via a selectable switch, and provides line-level output for connecting speakers or headphones.
The iMic is also useful for converting vinyl LP and tape collections to MP3s and CDs using a turntable or tape deck as well as the downloadable Final Vinyl (for Mac users) or the software of your choice. Additionally, the iMic is great for home studio recording and podcasting and is compatible with modern hardware like GarageBand, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro.
- Adds Stereo Input/Output to USB Computer
- The iMic allows you to add stereo input and output to a USB computer, even if it doesn't have audio in or out ports. It supports both mic and line level inputs via a selectable switch, and provides line-level output for connecting speakers or headphones.
- Convert Vinyl LP and Tapes Into MP3s and CDs
- The iMic shines as an essential tool for converting your vinyl and tape collection into MP3s and CDs. Digitizing records and tapes through iMic directly from your turntable or tape deck is easy.
- Free Software Download
- Final Vinyl is provided as a free download for Mac users, designed specifically for converting your vinyl collection to digital format. It comes with advanced features such as waveform-based cue editing, 10-band EQ, and even includes a special RIAA filter that properly equalizes LPs without having to connect your turntable to a pre-amp.
- Home Studio Recordings & Podcasting
- The iMic is compatible with modern hardware to provide the perfect solution for sound recording in almost any audio application, including GarageBand, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.