NewerTech's MAXPower PCIe eSATA 2 Port Plug & Play Controller Card is fully compliant with the industry standard Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI). There are no drivers to install and no future driver downloading/updating required. Additionally, the card uses the same connecting cables utilized by earlier SATA 1.5 Gbps and 3 Gbps devices for straight from the box, "install it and forget it" highest levels of convenience and performance.
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end audio/video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the MAXPower can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Optimally compatible with Mac Pro models and PCs with an available PCIe 2.0 slot, the MAXPower works with any eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive or optical drive* to deliver significantly faster data transfer rates over the fastest factory equipped Mac Pro interface of FireWire 800.
Installing the card offers immediate speeds gains while making a Mac Pro or PC future ready for even greater speed gains. The MAXPower Controller Card is fully backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots as well as previous generations of SATA 1.5Gbps and 3Gbps drives.
Note! *Does not support port multiplier cases/enclosures
- PCIe 2.0 x 1 backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0.
- Two eSATA 6 Gbps ports with up to 500 Mbps data transfer rate*. 1
- Plug and Play ready with industry standard AHCI compliance.
- Adds two 6 Gbps eSATA ports for the fastest Mac Pro data interface available.
- Works with any eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive or optical drive.
- Driverless install and no future driver updates/maintenance needed.
- Backward compatible with SATA revision 1 x (1.5 Gbps) and 2 x (3 Gbps) hard drives and solid state drives.
- Uses the same connecting cables utilized by earlier SATA 1.5 Gbps and 3 Gbps devices.