The Nimar Underwater 3D Housing for Nikon D5000 with NI38 Flat Port 18-55mm is a durable polycarbonate waterproof case for your camera, along with a flat port for 18-55mm lenses. The housing enables you to capture photos and video underwater with your Nikon D5000 DSLR camera. It is sized and weighted with near-neutral buoyancy and superb underwater handling. The housing has been tested and proven safe to use at a maximum depth of 200' (60m). There is an enlarged optical viewfinder providing the brightest and biggest possible image viewing. The housing features a clear design, allowing for a visual inspection of the O-ring seal surfaces and controlled monitoring of the camera inside the housing. A moisture alarm (light and audio) is included, as well, to prevent any damage to your equipment due to an incorrect closing of the housing.
The locking system consists of 4 secure hooks around the housing, neutralizing any possibility of accidental opening while underwater. Camera installation is quick and easy and you can keep your hands on the handles while accessing all camera controls. The NI38 Flat Port 18-55mm is included with this housing, offering zoom control for an AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f 3.5-5.6G ED VR lens. The housing also accepts other Bayonet-mount ports that fit a wide range of macro, wide-angle and other zoom lenses, which can be changed without removing the camera from the housing.
This unit comes with the standard Nikonos bulkhead, allowing you to use other manufacturers' strobes in manual mode. When an optional Nimar strobe is connected to the bulkhead, automatic TTL flash exposure control is enabled.
Note! For Lenses See Port Chart and click on 'NIKON PORT CHART (Click here)' link
- Durable, clear polycarbonate construction that allows for visual O-ring inspection and controlled monitoring of camera inside housing
- Depth rating of 200' (60 m)
- Enlarged optical viewfinder
- Moisture alarm (light and audio) prevents damage to your equipment due to incorrect closing of the housing
- Access to all camera controls
- NI38 Flat Port 18-55 mm included, offering zoom control for an AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm f 3.5-5.6G ED VR lens; housing accepts variety of Bayonet-mount ports, which fit wide range of macro, wide-angle and other zoom lenses
- Nikonos bulkhead enables use of other manufacturers' strobes in manual mode and enables automatic TTL flash exposure control when optional Nimar strobe is connected