The ATTO Technology ExpressSAS R680 8-External Port 6Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID Adapter adds high-performance RAID protection to direct attached SAS and SATA JBOD storage. Delivering significant advancements in performance and flexibility with enterprise-class features, ExpressSAS R680 provides an affordable and reliable transition from 3 to 6Gb/s SAS/SATA storage infrastructures in general IT, media and entertainment environments.The ExpressSAS R680 provides 6Gb/s SAS/SATA connectivity to Direct Attached Storage via 8 external ports. With transfer rates of upto 1200MB/s per port, the ExpressSAS R680 is well suited for high-bandwidth workflows, such as digital content creation, streaming video and audio, transactional databases, and email and web servers. The ExpressSAS R680 combines advanced engineering and innovative features to ensure smooth data transfers and consistent performance. Leveraging ATTO's market-tested RAID stack and exclusive latency management features, the ExpressSAS R680 helps customers create, share and protect data and digital assets more effectively.
Advanced Data Streaming Technology
- Latency Management for High Consistent Performance
- ATTO's exclusive Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) is a proprietary technology that is built into all the product, designed to manage latency in high-bandwidth work environments. ADS provides controlled acceleration of data transfers by utilizing a combination of features to move large amounts of data faster and more efficiently, maintaining the highest consistent performance. From high I/O transactional applications to large bandwidth real time streaming, ADS reduces project interruptions by maximizing the number of transactions that can be processed by the CPU, resulting in better overall system performance.
- Maintenance-Free Cache Memory Data Protection
- CacheAssure uses supercap technology instead of a battery to protect your cached data. Save time and money by eliminating the need to install, monitor, maintain, dispose, and replace batteries, plus with CacheAssure, taking down the system for battery replacement is no longer a requirement. Typical battery backup units last about 1 or 2 years and only provide up to 72 hours of data protection. With the combination of NAND flash and supercaps, ATTO's CacheAssure Technology provides full protection within minutes of installation. Contents in cache memory get saved immediately in the event of a system failure or power loss and can remain protected for up to 10 years ATTO's RAID products with CacheAssure Technology deliver a long-lasting and reliable cached data protection solution all without the worries associated with battery-based technology.
- Drive Management Technology
- Drive assessment and latency management technology is built into ATTO RAID adapters and storage controllers. DriveAssure™ provides bounded latency through proprietary algorithms and user controls to prevent premature drive failures and slow downs, ensuring uninterrupted access to data. Through periodic drive scans, DriveAssure searches for bad sectors or slow spots and repairs them without failing the drive, preventing the loss of critical assets.
- Guaranteed Latency
- A slow drive in a storage array can lead to delays which increase real or perceived response time beyond what is desired. These delays can lead to unwanted behavior such as dropped video frames. DriveAssure compensates for situations when a drive in a RAID Group does not respond within a specified period of time to keep data moving smoothly within a guaranteed latency response time.
- Data Recovery Mode
- If all attempts at preventing a RAID Group from going offline have failed, Data Recovery Mode attempts to access data in an offline RAID Group. There are several methods available to access drives including forcing a rebuild to continue so data can be copied to a new RAID Group. Enlist a good data management plan which includes ATTO RAID products to ensure your data is safe.
- RAID Levels Supported
- ExpressSAS R680 supports RAID Levels 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 10, 40, 50, 60 and DVRAID, an advanced RAID level for digital video environments* 1
- Long-Standing RAID Experience
- ExpressSAS R680 features the time-proven ATTO RAID Stack, DVRAID and CacheAssure, proprietary technology developed to provide the most robust RAID based connectivity solution in the industry.
- Flexible Connectivity Solutions
- The ExpressSAS R680 is ideal for a wide variety of IT and digital media environments requiring high-performance and parity RAID protected data. ExpressSAS R680 offers driver support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, providing a single connectivity solution for customers with heterogeneous operating system environments.
- Performance Engineered
- The ExpressSAS R680 allows users to instantly protect their critical data while enhancing performance. ExpressSAS R680 is designed to maintain full performance in degraded mode and to minimize downtime with 50% faster rebuilds, limiting exposure to a second drive failure.
- Advanced Management Tools
- The ExpressSAS R680 Adapter's easy-to-use configuration tool features an intuitive GUI that simplifies RAID group configuration, management and monitoring. It also offers the most advanced performance tuning capabilities and troubleshooting utilities, providing users with sophisticated diagnostics and the flexibility to control settings for specific applications.