G-Technology's 12TB G-SPEED eS 4-BAY RAID Array with four 3TB Enterprise Drives is an economical, high-performance, high-storage solution designed for professional video content creators. This compact and whisper-quiet G-SPEED eS sports a 3Gbit eSATA interface great for transmitting the large amounts of data demanded by video files. It features four 3TB hot-swappable 7200 RPM SATA hard drives. With this Enterprise-quality setup, you definitely have the memory you need to store video and to speedily and easily access it for streaming.
Since an eSATA host adapter for connecting the unit to your computer is not included, you have two options for deciding on one. If you decide to use another company's port multiplier aware eSATA host adapter, you can configure the G-SPEED eS as only a software RAID or a JBOD. As your second option, if you use G-Technology's PCIe 4x RAID controller, you will have a much greater variety of RAID options. The controller allows you to configure your G-SPEED eS as a RAID 0,1,5,10 or JBOD. As such, you have more flexibility in choosing the right configuration for your work, whether you need more storage, extra reliability, simultaneous access to video files, or some ratio between the three. When used with this controller, it supports multi-stream SD, ProRes 422, and uncompressed HD workflows. For example, a single G-SPEED eS used with the G-Tech controller supports up to four simultaneous streams of ProRes422 HQ or one stream of uncompressed 1080/60i. Moreover, in terms of just storage capacity, one terabyte of memory holds up to 84 hours of HDV 1080i, 17 hours of DVCPRO HD 1080/60i, 13 Hours of 8 bit SD, 10 hours of ProRes 422HQ, 10 hours of 10 bit SD, and 2.25 hours of HD 1080/60i.
When used with G-Technology's controller, you can setup your RAID configurations and monitor your system via an easy-to-use, web-based graphic user interface. Accessed via any internet browser on your computer, this simple GUI can easily keep track of your RAID's performance and, in the event of a disk failure, have the G-SPEED eS alert you via email.
Along with this safety mechanism, the G-SPEED eS features locks for each drive, a sturdy aluminum casing, and two internal fans for preventing the hard drives from overheating. In addition, the G-SPEED, itself, will sound audible alarms in case a disc fails, the internal temperature nears 140°F, a fan stops, a fan spins too slowly to cool the system, or when the enclosure is improperly disconnected from the G-Tech PCIe RAID controller.
Beyond all these exceptional features, should you ever decide 12TB of memory isn't enough, you also have the option of scaling up. If you use the G-Tech PCIe RAID controller, you can connect up to four G-SPEED eS enclosures at once. All told, the 12TB G-SPEED eS is an economical, high-storage, high-performance RAID hard-drive array designed with all the right features to keep you, the professional video content creator, busily at work!
- Whisper-quiet aluminum enclosure features four hot-swappable drives
- Supports multi-stream SD, ProRes 422, and uncompressed HD workflows with the G-Tech PCIe 4x RAID controller (not included)
- Supports RAID 0,1,5,10, and JBOD with G-Tech PCIe 4x RAID controller (not included) or software RAID and JBOD with another company's port multiplier aware eSATA host adapter
- Offers 12TB of storage capacity
- With the G-Tech PCIe 4x RAID controller, you can connect up to four 12TB enclosures at once for 48TB of total storage capacity
- Web-based configuration and management that's easy to use and setup with the G-Tech PCIe 4x RAID controller
- Auto-rebuild and email notifications when using the enclosure with the G-Tech PCIe 4x RAID controller
- Two "smart" cooling fans ensure reliable operation and data integrity
- Unique industrial design and compact all aluminum enclosure