The Stylus Pro 3880 Inkjet Printer Signature Worthy Edition from Epson is the identical to the Standard 3880 with an included Signature Worthy Media Pack. The printer is engineered to print photo gallery-quality images up to 17 x 22" in both color and monochrome. The 3 level black ink technology ensures your black and white prints achieve the desired tonal ranges. Once you create your tonal range settings, they can be saved and reapplied the next time, guaranteeing you print-to-print consistency. The printer automatically switches between matte black and photo black based on the type of media it detects so you don't have to manually switch cartridges each time or even tell the printer which to use.
Even when executing large print jobs, there's no need to worry about running out of ink in the middle of a print and wasting a page, the ink cartridges are designed to be replaced on-the-fly. That also means you won't have to waste the ink at the end of the cartridge because it's not sufficient to carry out the next job.
The printer makes use of Epson's printer technology to ensure not only the best possible output, but consistency as well. The Printer uses AccuPhoto HD2 Technology and a MicroPiezo Active Meniscus Control print head to ensure that not only is each drop of ink placed correctly but also that they are uniform in shape and size as well. The print head's ink-repellant coating prevents ink build up around the nozzles, so the ink is not only placed precisely each time but also reduces the amount and frequency of maintenance needed.
8-Channel MicroPiezo AMC Print Head With Ink-Repellant Coating
- The Epson Stylus Pro 3880's advanced print head is a marvel of ingenuity. One inch wide, it delivers a maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi. It produces variable-sized ink droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to simultaneously optimize photographic quality and dramatically decrease print times. But that's just the beginning
- Proprietary Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media
- A unique ink-repelling coating helps to prevent ink build-up around the nozzles, allowing for precise and accurate dot placement, and reduced maintenance
AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology
- Created from a collaboration between Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory, AccuPhoto HD2 combines a complex mathematical architecture with an advanced screening technology to provide outstanding image quality
- AccuPhoto HD2 is specifically engineered to ensure precision placement of each individual ink droplet, resulting in smooth, grain-free images. Choosing from an extraordinary number of possible ink combinations for each color, this technology optimizes the ink use to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth color transitions and gradations. Reduction of the metameric index makes it possible to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions
- Quality stays true to form, even in high-speed and lower resolution print modes
Epson PreciseColor Technology
- Every Epson Stylus Pro 3880 meets the standards of Epson PreciseColor manufacturing. This rigorous process applies colorimetric calibration to ensure that individual printers of the same model produce prints that are virtually indistinguishable from one another
Automatic Print Head Alignment And Cleaning Technology
- A built-in sensor automatically reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels, both bi-directional and unidirectional, resulting in outstanding accuracy. In addition, the automatic print head cleaning mode analyzes a printed nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head, if even a partially clogged nozzle is detected
Epson UltraChrome K3 With Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- A highly acclaimed, 8-color, pigment-based ink system, Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta has revolutionized the professional printing industry, redefining what's possible in color and black-and-white printing
- You can expect a look that exceeds what traditional color and black-and-white silver halide photographs can produce. Among the many benefits of this remarkable ink technology, you will discover a high-density form of magenta pigments that produce an enhanced color gamut with vibrant blues and violets, professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints, High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation for an improved glossy finish, and instant color stability, immediately after printing, with no short-term color shifting
Three-Level Black Ink Technology With Two Auto-Sharing Black Ink Modes
- Three-level Black technology simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink, resulting in richer blacks, an unsurpassed gray balance and stunning tonal range. Whether a panorama of fall foliage or a black-and-white portrait shot in subdued light, your print will duplicate exactly what you saw through the lens
- The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 automatically switches between two different Black ink modes - Photo Black or Matte Black. This optimizes the Dmax (Black ink density) for various media types, so whether you're printing on traditional photographic media or unique, fine art paper, final print quality is dramatically improved.
Epson Intelligent, High-Capacity Ink System
- Epson's pressurized ink cartridge technology enables reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the size of the ink cartridges themselves. Nine individual 80 ml ink cartridges ensure truly professional printing and on-the-fly ink cartridge replacement increases productivity
Compact, 17-Inch Wide Printer
- Even with its surprisingly small footprint, the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 offers a number of advantages. Its print engine technology takes full advantage of the latest in precision mechanical design, resulting in a significant reduction in overall printer size and weight. In fact, it's equal in size to many competitive 13-inch printers
- Quiet operation won't interfere with other activities in the studio or in the home
- Large, 2.5-inch, backlit LCD control panel for easy, direct printer control and status monitoring
Professional Media Handling
- The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 supports a full range of professional, photographic and fine art media, not only to meet your day-to-day requirements, but also to fuel and stimulate your creativity
- Print on virtually any type of cut-sheet media from 4 x 6" up to 17 x 22"
- A top-loading, high-capacity paper feeder handles up to 120 sheets of plain, letter-sized paper or up to 20 sheets of photographic media
- A second, top-loading, manual sheet feeder accommodates thick fine art paper up to 17 inches wide
- A front-loading, straight-through, manual sheet feeder handles media up to 16 inches wide and poster board up to 1.5 mm thick
World-Class Service And Support
- The Epson Preferred Protection Plan Limited Warranty offers one year of coverage. Toll-free telephone support is available Monday through Friday. Full-unit exchange service is usually available next-business-day. Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans are also available
Advanced Black-And-White Photo Mode
- This Epson exclusive represents the standard for producing sellable quality neutral and toned black-and-white prints. It lets you choose from one of four presets - neutral, warm, cool or sepia, or further fine-tune your image with custom controls and the color toning wheel. Then, once you've created your custom settings, they can be conveniently saved and reapplied to streamline your workflow