Snap Art 3 from Alien Skin Software is a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop CS4+, Elements 9+, or Lightroom 2+. When combined with any of those programs, Snap Art 3 helps you create what looks like a handmade, artistic painting or sketch--while the controls are kept simple so you can focus on your creativity. It is easy to use, and cuts out hours of time creating and editing digital art on your own.
Using just a digital photograph and this plug-in, you can benefit from all the creative tools of oil and watercolor paintings, or pencil and charcoal sketches. Improved realism in this third version keeps your subjects natural and recognizable, while the redesigned user interface and non-destructive workflow make it even easier to use than previous versions.
Snap Art 3 is not only compatible with Lightroom 2 or later, but Photoshop is no longer required. You can now create your work of art with the benefits of Batch Processing when multiple files are selected--editing individual images one at a time, or all of the selected images in a given set.
With a wide range of styles and media, as well as the simple non-destructive design, you get more from your photographs in less time. Whether you want to turn your sunset photo into an oil painting and print it on canvas, or make a portrait look like it was hand-drawn onto a sheet of paper. Snap Art 3 provides increased power and control with increased ease.
- Improved Realism
- Snap Art 3 uses more refined stroke placement than previous versions, keeping edges sharp and creating more natural textures--especially with portraits.
- Greater Control with Detail Mask
- Now with oval focus regions, quickly mark exactly where you want more detail, leaving backgrounds abstract while faces are detailed and natural.
- Wide Range of Media and Styles
- All presets for existing media types have been remade, and reorganized, for better ease of use. These include oil paint, watercolor, pencil, and charcoal. Within those, you can choose from impasto, pointillism, or modern art techniques like comics and stylize.
- Lightroom Compatibility
- Snap Art 3 is run from Lightroom as an external editor, and does not require Adobe Photoshop. When Lightroom asks you how to edit the photo, it is recommended you choose "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments." This will make a copy of the image in the preferred format for Snap Art 3. Batch editing is possible, and will let you edit individual files or apply edits to all images in a set.
- Non-Destructive Editing
- A non-destructive workflow makes experimentation easy. Effects in Photoshop are rendered on a new layer, leaving your original image untouched and you with the choice to easily remove any unwanted effects. In Adobe Photoshop, Snap Art 3 can be run as a Smart Filter for easy tweaking of the effect after it is created.
- Redesigned User Interface
- Explore all of the media types and styles in one place, without switching filters. The entire user interface has been redesigned for easier exploration.
- Powerful yet Simple
- There are now presets that control groups of related sliders. Quickly experiment with one aspect, such as color scheme, without having to manipulate four different sliders.
- Software Compatibility
- Works with Windows or Mac; Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Photoshop Elements, and Paint Shop Pro.
- Flickr Uploading
- Now you can upload your creations to Flickr. Optionally, you can add your art to the Alien Skin Flickr group where other artists share their work and techniques.