The Fostex HP-P1 Headphone Amplifier & D/A Converter is a portable headphone amplifier with a D/A converter that receives its audio signal digitally from your iPod/iPhone 30-pin dock connector. It's designed to provide exquisite tone, depth and effective headroom for unsurpassed sonic performance and fidelity. The HP-P1 features a 3-step gain control to accommodate all types of headphones, as well as a built-in S/PDIF digital out.
This headphone amp employs AKM's 32-bit AK4480 DAC, which offers on-chip symmetrical circuitry to avoid noise coupling, thus improving sound quality. It has two digital filters including a 32-bit minimum delay filter designed specifically for acoustic sounds. Engineered from aircraft-grade aluminum and built to exacting standards, the HP-P1 is a delight to handle and operate. Also included is a carrying case that can be clipped to a belt for easy transport.
- Digital connection from iPod/iPhone via 30-pin dock connector
- High quality 32-bit D/A converter (AKM4480) and headphone amp for maximum sound quality
- Powered by Lithium-ion battery or USB
- 3-step gain control (high, mid, low) on the headphone out drives all headphone types
- Auxiliary line input for other MP3 players
- S/PDIF digital out for professional recording
- Analog line out for connection to an analog amplifier or a recorder
- Unique digital filter -- use regular filter or unique "minimum delay filter" without pre-echo
- Housed in a rigid aluminum alloy chassis