Outfitted with a Texas Instruments ARM Cortex A8 1 GHz Processor and Google's Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System, the Archos 4GB 8" Arnova 8 G2 Tablet is an amalgam of high-end processing power, user-friendly control and universal affordability. Plus, unlike previous Archos tablets with resistive touch panels, the Arnova 8 G2 is adorned with a capacitive 8" TFT LCD multi-touch screen. Operating with effortless ease, the 800 x 600 pixel display inspires creativity and innovation. It's also visually stimulating, as it supports H.264 high-definition 1080p video playback. It supports Realvideo up to 720p resolution as well. For audio, the tablet supports WAV, MP3, APE, OGG and FLAC formats. It even supports four different photo formats for maximum flexibility. Since storing plenty of media on your tablet is a must, the 8 G2 is equipped with 4GB of flash storage. If that's not enough, the MicroSD card reader affords plenty of storage expansion.
It's well-known that Archos tablets excel as digital media players. You'd be hard-pressed to find a media format that this tablet doesn't support. However, the 8 G2 is overflowing with apps as well. Not only does it afford access to the Android AppsLib, it already comes preloaded with helpful connection applications including a web browser and an email app. For users that like to put a little bit of themselves into their technology, the 8 G2 supports advanced personalization. You can choose your user-interface from five different home screens and you can also create widgets for your apps, which lets you appropriate home screen space for the apps you use the most.
The 8 G2 is designed to give you a fulfilling Internet experience as well. It's outfitted with wireless 802.11 b/g WiFi connectivity, which lets you access the Internet from any WiFi hotspot or from your home wireless network. Plus, the tablet's 800 x 600 widescreen resolution and 8" display support full-page web browsing. This means that you'll be able to scroll through websites without incessantly zooming in and out. Another Internet highlight is the 8 G2's total Flash support, which lets you experience the full web - including Flash games and videos. There are also apps for all your favorite social networking sites from YouTube to Facebook.
The Arnova 8 G2 is equipped with a micro USB slave 2.0 port (Mass Storage Class). It also features a unique kickstand for hands-free viewing and comfortable web surfing. With a simple pull, the kickstand comes out and supports the tablet at a perfect viewing angle for sharing photos and watching videos. It also comes equipped with a front-facing camera, built-in speaker, integrated microphone, long-lasting li-poly battery, and a G-Sensor for automatic adjustment between portrait and landscape orientations.
- Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- The 8 G2 runs an Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS from Google. The operating system is tailor made for connected mobile devices and it affords a smoother interface than ever before. Plus, you'll enjoy a full pack of connected apps like the tablet's web browser and email application. Android 2.3 even provides five different home screens and allows for advanced personalization including widgets for organizing your apps
- Thousands of Apps Available for Download
- The Arnova 8 G2 includes a range of preloaded applications that make the tablet ready-to-go from the second your turn it on. Whenever you're ready for more apps, the Android AppsLib store has you covered with thousands of free and pay apps that you can download straight to your tablet. You'll find news apps, games, social networking apps, media apps and productivity tools all available from the AppsLib. Plus, the AppsLib even provides a stamp of approval next to the applications that will work best with your tablet
- Excellent 3D Games
- Thanks to the powerful 1.0 GHz processor, which boosts both speed and processing power, the Arnova 8 G2 is able to handle tons of great games. Plus, with its open GL 2.0 technology, the tablet can even facilitate 3D games. With a combination of power, speed and access to hundreds of cool 2D and 3D games, you might as well consider the 8 G2 an additional game console
- A Full Internet Experience
- The 8 G2 is the perfect vessel for browsing the web using the wireless 802.11 b/g WiFi. There's also no need to zoom in or out, since the tablet's 8.0" 800 x 600 pixel display makes full-page web browsing possible. The 8 G2 even has Flash capability, which enhances your Internet experience by supporting both Flash games and Flash videos. Plus, the various social networking and chat apps guarantees you'll be able to easily stay connected with friends and family
- A Tablet for Work
- With WiFi connectivity, you'll always be able to manage emails whenever you're connected to the Internet. The 8 G2 also lets you configure a variety of email accounts using the built-in email tool. This feature gives each member of your family the ability to quickly and easily check their messages. Another great tool for work is the AppsLib, which supports a range of document, slideshow and spreadsheet editors that are all available for download at the Android AppsLib Store. These tools will let you use your tablet as a mobile work station - instead of your laptop. Plus, any files can be quickly transferred via MicroSD card using the easy drag-and-drop interface
- Full HD Video
- Another benefit of the powerful 1.0 GHz processor is 1080p HD video playback. The 8 G2 has the ability to smoothly and comfortably play HD files, even in the widely-used H.264 codec that many other tablets don't support. With a reputation as an excellent media player, the Arnova 8 G2 also supports most well-known file formats for video, audio and photo. You won't need any conversion software and the drag-and-drop transfer method makes it easy to transfer files from your computer to the tablet's built-in 4GB memory or MicroSD card slot. There's even a pre-installed file manager. The tablet quickly recognizes transferred files and places them in the proper media library. The integration of a kickstand makes HD movies even better, since you'll be watching them hands-free. You can also use the kickstand to share a photo slideshow with friends
- Music & Photos
- The Arnova 8 G2 has an excellent music application as well. It's compatible with all major formats and codecs. Plus, it also manages meta data for your music library and comes equipped with "cover display," so you can find the album you want even faster. The Android OS even lets you play music in the background while you use other apps. There's also music download and streaming applications that will take your music experience even further
- Integrated Microphone, Front-Facing Camera & G-Sensor
- The 8 G2 features a built-in digital microphone for chatting and a front-facing camera for capturing stills and HD video. Plus, there's even a G-Sensor that facilitates automatic switching between landscape and portrait orientations as you turn the tablet in your hand
- Multi-Touch Keyboard
- However you set up your home screen and widgets, the tablet's user-interface will always afford access to the fabulously functional multi-touch virtual keyboard, which makes typing easy with several convenient features including the ability to capitalize with the shift key instead of switching between caps and lowercase letters like most other tablets
- Listen via Speaker or Headphones
- The powerful speaker is great for sharing your videos or music on-the-go, but there's also a 3.5 mm headphone mini-jack when privacy is needed (headphones sold separately)
- Supported File Types
- Video Playback Mode: H.264 up to 1080p resolution (30 fps / 5 Mbps), MPEG-4 (30 fps / 2.5 Mbps), Realvideo up to 720p resolution (30 fps / 2.5 Mbps), .avi, .mp4 .mkv, .mov, .flv ,/br>Audio Playback Mode: MP3, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC Photo Viewer: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG