If you're on a shoestring-budget, the Mitra 3D Mic Indie can give your indie film short the high-quality audio it deserves - without breaking your fragile, artistic bank. This innovative mic uses 3D binaural sound recording to recreate the immersive audio we hear when listening to multi-channel surround sound, but audio recorded with the 3D Mic Indie requires only a pair of closely placed speakers, headphones or even ear-buds to experience 360° audio.
The 3D Mic Indie works by using an audio signal modifier system called SHEM. SHEM developers undoubtedly looked at how the military and defense department had experimented with recreating our brains psychoacoustics (how we hear sounds around us). The Mitra 3D Mic Indie owes its ability to recreate the human hearing experience to the algorithms that successfully duplicated the psychoacoustics related to depth and passing sound. The 3D Mic Indie uses SHEM, which puts those algorithms to the test.
The result is a binaural mic that records what appears to sound like full surround sound audio. It basically simulates human hearing by capturing the psychoacoustics and recording it. Plus, this model is designed to attach to your video camera, DSLR camera or digital audio recorder. Since the 3D Mic Indie offers only 3.5 mm phono line connectivity, it's more affordable than its big brother the 3D Mic Pro and is absolutely perfect for anyone looking to add immersive 3D audio to their digital video recordings.
When you listen back to the recorded sound through two closely spaced side by side speakers, headphones or even ear-buds - the listener's brain processes the psychoacoustic information in the recorded sounds and hears the realistic 3D sound as if it was them sitting on the beach listening to the waves break from left to right along the shore. Turn in your shotgun mic for the world of full immersive 360° soundscape recording. The 3D Mic Indie is the aural equivalent of the 360° panoramic lens.
- Ultra Low Noise Design with Amazing Fidelity
- The very first thing one may notice while listening to a 3D Mic Indie recording is how detailed, natural and crystal clear it sounds. 3D Mic Indie captures every nuance of sound, thanks to the state of the art ultra low-noise flat frequency response preamplifiers which are virtually invisible in the recording and one can hear is the pure unadulterated reproduction of the source sound
- Versatile Mic Applications
- 3D Mic Indie is very musical and perfect for recording vocal and instrumental performance, garage band, live concert, choir or an ensemble. It shines in environmental sound recording and interviews too. 3D Mic Indie can be used in almost any type of mic applications except specialize high sound pressure level applications such as close distance mic placement near a kick drum head
- Dual Battery Fuel Gauge
- Nothing is more frustrating than running out of microphone battery in the middle of a recording session. 3D Mic Indie is designed for long sessions with a 12 hour battery life from two 9V PP3 batteries (included). The two battery voltage levels are monitored by two LED fuel gauges which turn from green to red to provide early warning when a battery change is needed
- 3.5 mm Phono Connectivity
- 3D Mic Indie can be connected to any professional or consumer grade video camera and audio recorder as it is equipped with an unbalanced low impedance phono line level stereo output. It comes with a line to Mic attenuator phono cable, which allows 3D Mic Pro to get connected to the recorder or a camera through a phono Mic input
- Rugged Construction
- 3D Mic Indie has been designed for professional field use with robust and rugged construction with tough ABS resin. It is compact, portable and can be used as a handheld mic, mounted on a camera tripod or mounted on a shock mount to a microphone stand and boom pole