The Compact Broadband Router from CradlePoint is a feature-rich business router that caters to industries who require flexible, reliable and secured Internet access such as temporary Internet applications, additional network bandwidth or for kiosks, digital signage, and other Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications.
Built for business applications like travel, mobile workgroups, or stationary remote Internet access, the CBR400 Compact Broadband Router provides up to 16 secure WiFi connections at a time. Its advanced networking features such as WiPipe Security, VPN Termination, and Failover/Failback (which protects your network in case the primary data service fails) help in keeping your business on track.
Standard on the CBR400 are additional security features like multiple WiFi encryption modes (WEP, WPA, WPA2 Personal and Enterprise) and a built-in firewall, which prevents unauthorized use of your connection. CradlePoint routers are built to work with most popular 4G/3G USB modems from: AT&T, Bell Canada, Clearwire, Cricket, Rogers, Sprint, T-Mobile, Telus, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile.
• Provides up to 16 secure WiFi connections at a time.
• Two WiFi Networks: One private for the owner, one public for guest connections.
• WiFi as WAN: Gives you the ability to use an existing WiFi source for Internet connectivity and rebroadcast as a secure network.
• Supports both WiFi-enabled and Ethernet-enabled devices.
• 802.11 N WiFi with 2x2 MIMO antennas for enhanced performance and coverage.
• Built-in VPN Termination allows for secure connectivity to corporate servers.
• Ability to detect an Internet outage and switch to the wireless 3G/4G Internet, allowing critical business applications to run 24x7.
• Modem Health Management monitors connectivity of connected modems, providing recovery methods to reset or power-cycle.
- Extending the Reach of Mobile Broadband
4G/3G Mobile Broadband Routers are helping power the future of business. Digital Signage, Kiosks, Utility and Sensor Monitoring, In-Home Health Care, Video Surveillance, Remote or Teleworker Offices, Mobile Fleet Vehicles, POS Systems, and Corporate Branch Offices need reliable connections to the Internet without a lot of infrastructure costs associated.
CradlePoint routers connect 4G/3G mobile broadband to your business needs with simplicity and ease, giving you multiple connection options and data redundancy that you need.
- Wireless or Wired Access
Enables wireless Internet access through 4G/3G mobile broadband networks, existing WiFi, or Ethernet-based data services (Cable/DSL/Satellite).
Supports most wireless data modems from the leading carriers (sold separately).
Increase the speed and performance of your 4G/3G connection: Place the CBR400 near a window and use the signal strength LEDs to determine where your 4G/3G reception is best.
- Range and Connection
• Wireless "N" WiFi (802.11n + legacy 802.11b/g, 2x2 MIMO, 300 Mbps).
• Up to 350-feet of WiFi broadcast range.
• Supports up to 16 WiFi connections at a time.
• Two WiFi Networks: 1 private SSID for owner, 1 public SSID for guests.
Create a private, secure, and prioritized connection while sharing with others.
Each network can have its own QoS priorities and security settings.
• One 10/100 Ethernet LAN/WAN port.
• Special Feature: Use WiFi as a Data Source.
"WiFi as WAN" mode enables the CBR400 to become a WiFi repeater (using existing WiFi to create secure connections) or use as a WiFi-to-Ethernet adapter for non-WiFi devices.
• Create secure WiFi with best-in-class encryption (WPA2 with AES).
• Prevent unwanted access to connected computers.
• Includes security features for safer Internet access.
• Configure the router to hide your WiFi network name to limit access.
• VPN support enables a laptop with a VPN client to create, manage, pass-through, and terminate a secure tunnel to corporate networks. (IPSec, L2TP, PPTP). Also, includes IPSec VPN Termination and GRE Tunneling.
• When multiple Internet sources (4G/3G/cable/DSL/satellite modems) are connected to the CBR400, it will detect an Internet outage on the primary connection and automatically switch to a secondary connection (aka: failover / failback).
• Bridge Mode option provides IP pass-through.
• Includes WiFi hotspot services/captive portal/walled garden feature.
• Temporary Internet networks
• POS systems
• Mobile vehicles
• Video surveillance
• Digital signage
• In-Home healthcare
• Utility/sensor monitoring
• Remote/Teleworker office
• Branch office