The SnapX 2x Switcher for Mac from Kanex helps you connect two Macs with one Apple Cinema Display. The SnapX is an all-in-one unit that connects with two mini display port cables, two USB connectors and one button to switch between the two machines.
Besides a video signal, the SnapX uses the USB cable to pass through data, audio and the images from your webcam. This has a clip to attach it to your Cinema Display.
- Mac Switching Made Easy
- With the SnapX on your desk, switching from your MacBook Air to your Mac mini is as easy as a snap. Toggle between the two by pressing the button on the top. No external power required.
- Cable Clutter Simplified
- SnapX hides all the wires neatly behind the display providing a clutter-free background on your desk. It also reduces stress on the connectors and prevents intermittent signal loss due to loose cable connections.
- USB Pass Through for iSight Camera, Audio and USB Ports
- Use your iSight camera and get full audio from the display's built-in speakers seamlessly with the use of USB pass through cables.
- Extend Beyond
- Cables are always too long and too short at the same time. Too short when you need that few inches of extra reach and too long for when they are just lying in your way. SnapX provides just the right length of 5ft (1.5m) of dual cables built-in to the unit, which allows continuous extension without unnecessary cables and adapters.
- Clip on Design for Secure Switching
- To meet optimum flexibility and ergonomics, SnapX clips on effortlessly by just sliding underneath your iMac or Apple LED Cinema Display stand. Stylish and smartly designed for any desktop or office application that requires secure switching and extending without compromise.