The Fast Track C400 from M-Audio is a USB audio interface featuring 4 inputs and 6 outputs. The desktop design provides convenient controls, while onboard MX Core DSP technology delivers reverb and delay effects without taxing the host CPU. The built-in monitor management system allows for checking mixes on two sets of speakers, and the unit can be used with the included Pro Tools SE software, or any other compatible DAW.
An assignable Multi button enhances the creative flow by allowing access to executing critical tasks without touching a mouse. Any sequence of up to eight steps can be programmed for any software program that supports ASCII key commands, or by using the preset workflows with Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Live, and Reason. The built-in DSP provides reverb or delay on the headphone outputs with the turn of a single knob.
The MX Core mixer also provides sophisticated channel-routing options, accessible via an intuitive control panel. The included Pro Tools SE software makes it easy to create polished productions with 24 audio and virtual instrument tracks, over 100 virtual instruments, and EQ, reverb, and other effects.
Attention has been paid to every detail of designing the interface, from the shortest possible signal paths to boutique-quality preamps, superior converters, and other high-end components to preserve the quality of the recorded material.
- Desktop styled USB audio interface ensures pristine audio recordings sound with 24-bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Four-input, six-output design allows for capturing and playing back multiple sources
- Two high-quality microphone/line combo preamps on rear panel
- Two front-panel 1/4" instrument inputs
- 20dB pad on each preamp for capturing hotter signals without distortion
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Four balanced analog outputs with monitor management system for connecting up to two sets of studio monitors (or 1 set of monitors and a subwoofer) and easily switching between them
- Headphone output with independent volume control
- Near-zero latency monitor mixer with built-in reverb and delay effects
- Master volume
- Assignable Multi button
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Includes Pro Tools SE music creation software
- Full ASIO 2.0, WDM, MME, and Core Audio support
- Powered via USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0) - no power supply necessary