The Sirui T-005 5-Section Aluminum Tripod with C-10 Ball Head - Black is an excellent camera support for travelers who need a compact, lightweight, and stylish tripod & head combo. With upward-folding legs, it collapses to just 11.8" with the head attached and weighs just 2.2 lb. Supporting loads up to 8.4 lb, the head/tripod are plenty capable of supporting any DSLR camera with most lenses up to 300mm, as well as any point & shoot or compact camcorder. It's also extremely well-suited for mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera models.
The T-005 features silicone twist locks for easy setup, and with all four leg stages and the center column fully extended, the tripod reaches a maximum height of 54.6" with the head attached. The C-10 is an extremely capable ball head – its separate knobs for pan and tilt adjustments enable you to perform tasks such as panoramic photography while keeping the tilt locked.
With an Arca-style quick release platform and an included plate, the head also accepts plates from many manufacturers, including Sirui itself, Acratech, Foba, Graff, and Wimberley.
- Forged aluminum results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that's often used for tripod chassis. Forging leads to more compacted metal and enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance
- Anodized surface treatment makes the T-005 tripod highly resistant to wear & tear, scratches, and corrosion, thus increasing its durability
- Three leg-angle positions (23°, 52° & 80°) – each leg can be set independently for use on uneven terrain
- C-10 ball head has a roundness tolerance within 0.01mm of a perfect sphere
- Well-designed padded traveling bag with shoulder strap for carrying