The Sirui BSRM3204X 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is a very tall tripod that becomes quite compact for transport, thanks to its upward-folding legs. The M-3204 also features a detachable leg that transforms into a monopod when you unscrew it from the chassis and attach the mounting plate.
A monopod comes in very handy in areas where tripods are not allowed, such as many tourist areas, or in extremely tight quarters. As tall as the tripod gets (69.4"), the monopod gets even taller (a towering 73.4") when you attach the center column to the top of the unscrewed, extended leg.
The compact BSRM3204X tripod's legs fold upward 180° to achieve a relatively compact folded length of 20.1" – even with many camera head models attached. The entire package stays very compact to fit comfortably in most carry-on bags and many backpacks. Despite its small folded size and relatively light weight (3.7 lb), the BSRM3204X supports extremely heavy loads (up to 39.6 lb), so you can support just about any DSLR camera/lens combination and most camcorders.
The tripod's center column is reversible, and the M-3204 comes with a short center column so that you can set up extremely close to the ground for ultra-low-angle shooting. With the short center column installed, you can set the legs at their wide angle (80°) and shoot from only 6.1" from the ground.
- Forged aluminum results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that's often used for tripod chassis. Forging leads to more compacted metal and enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance
- An anodizing surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion & wear resistance and surface hardness, and to enhance color durability
- An additional mounting plate attaches to the unscrewed monopod leg to mount a camera. A wrist strap is included for security in case the operator's grip slips
- Eight-layer carbon fiber leg sections
- Two leg-angle settings (23° & 80°); legs can be set independently from each other
- Silicone twist locks
- Leg warmer on the monopod leg helps protect your gear by facilitating a sure grip
- Stainless steel spikes emerge from feet, for extra stability in grass, gravel, and other loose terrain
- Reversible screw (1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16) for compatibility with virtually any camera or head
- Center column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying