The 8x32mm Point 'n View 8 MP Camera Binocular from Barska seamlessly supports a symbiotic relationship between an 8x32 binocular and an 8 megapixel digital camera. View an exciting, awe-inspiring visual in the binocular and save it for posterity with a still shot or video via the integrated camera. Stills and videos can be played back on the flip-up 1.5" LCD color display located on top of the binocular. While the camera itself has no on-board memory, up to 16 gigabytes of images and video can be saved to a user-supplied SD memory card. While the binocular has a normative 8x magnification, the camera has a 1-4x zoom magnification. A CMOS color image sensor optimized at 8 megapixels delivers a maximum image size of 3264 x 2448. With a quick change of a simple button setting, still shots can morph into AVI videos at 640x480 pixels. The time limit of video depends on the capacity of the SD storage card. This camera binocular combination has a USB 1.1 port compatible with a PC to store the data and access the media files.
The 8x32 binocular features a roof prism design with fold-up eyecups allowing comfortable magnified observation for long periods of time without eye-strain whether an eye/sunglass wearer or not. The multicoated lenses enhance the image quality for a more vivid and sharp viewing experience. It has a minimum close focus distance of 16.4 feet or five meters, out until as far as you can see. The Point 'n View is a symbiosis of a roof prism binocular with a digital camera that is equally at home on a nature outing, sporting event, or vacation.
- Binocular AAoV of 50.3°
- 1-4x camera digital zoom
- Built-in USB 1.1 port for fast data transfers
- Standard image formats of JPEG for stills and AVI for videos
- Up to 8.0 MP & 3264 x 2448 pixels of clarity and high contrast
- 8x binocular magnification brings far away objects that much closer
- 1.5" TFT LCD flip-up color display screen replays the pictures and videos
- Green tinted objective lenses help block glare and excessive ambient light
- Powered by 4x user-supplied AAA alkaline batteries with a 3 hour battery life
- Video formats of 30 fps @ QVGA / 20 fps @ VGA with a time limit dependent on the SD card capacity
- Storage media is a SD/MMC memory card (up to 16GB), user supplied. There is no on-board memory
- Diopter adjustment and fold-down rubber eyecups provide comfort viewing for both sun/eyeglass wearers and those not wearing glasses
- Multicoated binocular optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image
- Language: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian provides international usage
The included Installation CD with driver and editing software is compatible with Win98E/2000/Me/XP/Vista.
With an SD memory card the device can be leveraged as a mass storage device to access media files with a PC