The Tripod Collar D (Black) from Vello is designed for the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro lens. The ring makes rotating your lens easier, and the built-in tripod collar improves lens balance by screwing into the tripod mount. This collar has vertical alignment marks for quickly changing the orientation from horizontal to vertical. Using the included bushing, either a 3/8" or a 1/4" tripod mount can used.
- Improves Lens Balance
- The ring secures your lens to the camera's tripod
- Gives Your Camera Setup Better Balance
- The ring adds stability to your camera and lens. Due to its weight, when the lens is mounted with a camera on a tripod, the center of gravity is shifted to the lens. The ring attaches to the tripod and can be shifted to adjust the balance.
- Having the camera secured with a ring around the lens makes it possible to rotate the lens between landscape and portrait modes without removing the camera from the tripod. The friction thumbscrews can then be tightened to secure the camera in the desired position. When not needed, the ring can be rotated to an out of the way position
- Thumbscrews Tighten And Loosen Ring
- Having thumbscrews control the ring makes it easy to adjust the tripod ring on the go