The Ikan Stealth-ENG EV2 Shoulder Mount System from Canon is a shoulder-mount rig for the Canon XF line of mid-sized camcorders – it's a perfect solution for mounting the XF300, XF305, XF100, or XF105 on your shoulder at the ideal position for your operating needs. The components of the modular device come from Ikan's Elements Evolution 2.0 line, which means there are plenty of dimensions of adjustment, and you can add to the rig in innumerable ways if you so desire.
The Stealth-ENG rig is based on Ikan's Adjustable Camcorder Baseplate, which features an integrated tripod plate (this sits on two 12" 15mm rods), and a shoulder-mount assembly complete with three adjustable, removable pads. At the front, the included foam-grip handle attaches to one of the two 15mm rods for stable operation, and to the back of the shoulder-mount unit you can attach the included Double Cheese Plate in order to mount a battery or other counterweight. Of course, there's no real limit to your options for subtracting from and adding to the Stealth-ENG rig.
The adjustable nature of the Stealth-ENG EV2 is what makes it suitable for the whole Canon XF line, as well as for many other mid-sized camcorders. The offset arm's adjustment range is particularly important; this offset puts the camera's LCD or EVF in a proper line with your eye and puts the camcorder closer to the center of your body. You can also adjust the height of the main rig vis a vis the shoulder-mount unit. The baseplate can also be adjusted horizontally and vertically, and the baseplate can also slide along the 15mm rods to bring it forward and aft, to suit the operator's preferences.
- Offset adjustment up to 3.9" at the shoulder assembly
- Height adjustment up to 1.4" at the shoulder assembly and 0.7" at the baseplate
- Fore and aft adjustments of the camera position along the 15mm rods
- Horizontal baseplate adjustment (left and right)
- Over-the-shoulder mounting plate accepts Anton-Bauer QRC-GOLD Gold Mount battery plate (not included)
- Mounting holes for Canon TA100 tripod adapter (not included) or the Ikan Elements Wedge Plate (not included) for quick release of the camera
- Attach an additional handle with rod-mount adapter (not included) for enhanced operational stability
- 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 threads throughout the rig components, for attaching additional accessories such as Israeli arms and wireless audio receivers