While the TH8 RS Gear Shifter may look like it's been taken out of a real-life vehicle, it's actually designed and built by Thrustmaster to provide you with heightened immersion in your virtual racing games on a PC or PlayStation 3. This is ensured by an authentic design coupled with many customizable features.
The 5-inch tall gear stick has a detachable knob that's compatible with the universal gear shift knobs found on real cars. You can either shift in sequential or H-pattern, depending on your driving style or what game you're playing. Since many players prefer a certain amount of resistance during gameplay, Thrustmaster has you covered -- you can tweak the amount of resistance while shifting to really feel the rumble of the road around each curve.
The TH8 RS features HallEffect AccuRate Technology which means it has a contactless sensor. It doesn't have a tact switch or potentiometer, allowing for a long life of service in your gaming setup.
This gearbox is fully adjustable -- you can upgrade the firmware and internal memory using the adjustable gear-shift travel. For stability purposes, the gearbox can be attached to a table or shelf, and adjusted 360 degrees or easily removed. All in all the TH8 RS gives you performance, solid build quality and ultimate immersion all in one package.
- Extreme Realism
- With a 5-inch tall gear stick and removable knob that's compatible with real universal gear shift knobs, the TH8 RS is realistic enough to give you full immersion
- Choose Your Driving Style
- Two interchangeable shift plates make it possible to switch between two configurations; choose either H-pattern (7 gears plus one reverse gear) or sequential (pull the lever towards the "+" mark to gear up, push it towards the "-" to gear down) for a customized driving experience
- Metal Construction
- The internal mechanism, lever, outer housing and clamping system are all 100% metal. This robust design affords realistic in-game sensations to further enhance your experience
- HallEffect AccuRate Technology
- This means the shifter is equipped with a magnetic sensor, without any potentiometer or tact switch, which reduces wear due to contact and affords a longer product lifespan
- Removable Clamping System
- The gearbox can be attached to tables or shelves between 0.04 and 2.2" (1 and 55 mm) thick for added stability. It also works with cockpits, as it features built-in "screw threads" on the unit's underside
- Fully Adjustable
- Gear strokes can be adjusted using a downloadable PC application and the device's internal memory, as well as the gear shift's resistance. Additionally, both the shift plate and clamping system can be adjusted 360 degrees
- Designed for PC and PS3 Gaming
- Works with all racing wheels that support multi-USB and gearboxes for PC; racing wheels and games that have been developed to be compatible for PlayStation 3