The Sony 64GB SxS Memory Card PRO works with Sony's XDCAM HD and EX line of camcorders and is designed to support advancements made in video capture technology. The card reads and writes at up to 1.2Gbps, and transfers directly onto on-board media, through an ExpressCard slot, without the need for an adapter.
It's 64GB capacity can capture 200 minutes in the 35Mbps HQ mode or 120 minutes of HD422 50Mbps in MXF mode. The entire 64GB can then be transferred onto a computer in 8 minutes. (To record content onto the SxS memory card in MXF mode, the SxS memory card needs to be formatted to UDF format before recording. A backup copy of any data on the card should be made before formatting to UDF format. UDF-formatted SxS memory cards cannot be used.)
In addition to the efficiency of speed and capacity, the SBP-64A has powerful functions useful with XDCAM camcorders.
A set of these functions make up in the card a feature called "Intelligent Technology by SxS," which serves to deliver data-reliability and durability. Within the feature, one function that achieves reliability is the "power failure management" function. It enables the card to re-read data by re-creating the data management table if there's ever a sudden loss of power supply or if the card is accidentally pulled out. Two other functions that achieve reliability are the data-error correction and the data-defects minimizing functions.
The card also has slow-motion recording and a salvage function that restores content damaged by power loss or memory disconnection during recording.
See SxS Memory Card / Hardware Compatibility Chart.
- Reads and writes at up to 1.2Gbps directly onto on-board media, through an ExpressCard slot without the need for an adapter.
- 200 minutes of recording in 35Mbps HQ mode. 120 minutes of HD422 50Mbps recording in MXF mode.
- Full 64GB can be transferred onto a computer in 8 minutes.
- "Intelligent Technology by SxS" -- data reliability and durability functions.
- Salvage function and slow-motion recording.